Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Device Protect Ltd?

Ryewolf

My Mum received 2 letters from this company (basically consent forms) and both saying that a payment of £150 had been taken and that the consent form needed to be signed in order for them to act on her behalf....

It all seems a bit of a scam to me, my Mum lives in sheltered accommodation so callers need to buzz to gain entry to the building and she would not know what GDPR legislation was if someone called by phone.

My sister who read the letters said they read like gobblydegook, their website is also unclear to exactly what services they offer

A quick look at Companies House website shows the company was incorporated in 2018-06-13

In 13 Feb 2019 Registered office address changed from Box 12 Barlavington Petworth GU28 0LG United Kingdom to 14-16 Churchill Way Cardiff CF10 2DX on 13 February 2019

14 Feb 2019 Appointment of Mr Craig Thomas Mcginlay as a director on 1 February 2019

28 Feb 2019 Termination of appointment of Ben Swanson as a director on 28 February 2019

28 Feb 2019 Termination of appointment of Luke Swanson as a director on 28 February 2019

16 Sep 2019 Termination of appointment of Craig Thomas Mcginlay as a director on 16 September 2019

16 Sep 2019 Appointment of Mr Damien Colin Enticott as a director on 16 September 2019

It all seems a bit fishy to me, 4 different directors in 14 months.....

Has anyone had letters or dealings with this company?

If she has spoken to someone on the phone and has inadvertently authorised them to take money I would get in touch with the bank to ensure  that hasnt happened ... IT CERTAINLY SOUNDS  SUSPICIOUS .. I'd investigate  immediately ...Why on earth would she need help regarding General  Data  Protection Regulations ....  Can anyone ring her direct or must they go through a switchboard receptionist ? It could be someone targeting vulnerable elderly  people ... 

My Mum is normally pretty good when it comes to the phone, if they start waffling and she doesn't understand what they what she just puts the phone down and she wouldn't normally give out card details over the phone.

5 minutes ago, Clicker said:

Why on earth would she need help regarding General  Data  Protection Regulations

Exactly my point, it's also not like she'd know what they are.....

Unfortunately having no car is making it difficult, otherwise I would have gone up and taken Mum to the bank to make sure no payments had been taken out, my sister will take her to the bank of Friday to make sure.

Can you not ring the Bank  before to check ...? Obviously they will need to speak to her  but if you tell them why you cannot get to her to take her till Friday  and ask them to please check if money has been taken out  even if they cannot tell you  ... this of course presumes you know her account number ...  worth a try as I would be a bit worried about it .....in case any more is being taken .....  

Hi Geoff,

In my 80 s now I get far too many of these calls, some very convincing.

My Best Buy to deal with it to date, is the purchase of a set of BT CORDLESS PHONES All having a large central button with a cross on.

You listen, to establish caller and message, if there is any doubt, push the button and the call is ended and that number blocked from calling again.

you do, of course need to ensure that a genuine caller isn’t blocked.... 

But no bank or other finance company will phone you.....I ask anyone I’m not sure about, to confirm by letter.....not giving my details.....

I have reduced dodgy calls using these phones.

FUJI