Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

THE GREEN INVADERS

FUJI

In between heavy showers this afternoon I decided to see what I could find in our tiny back garden.

I began by just looking a seed-heads again, but then I noticed movement...I couldn't believe my luck  ...three Greenfly ere crawling around on them.

I took extra care to get the focus as accurately as I could.... not easy on such small targets.

I am very pleased that my tiny DIY macro lens shoots these at f8 , because it in only two inches long so my paper-diffused flash can reach well, thereby giving valuable extra Depth of Field.

FUJI

INVADER 4.jpg

INVADER  7.jpg

INVADER 1.jpg

INVADER 2.jpg

INVADER 3.jpg

INVADER 5.jpg

INVADER 6.jpg

It seems you really are getting to grips with the focus aspect of using your  Heath  Robinson set up   ( calling  it that respectfully of course. ... )  and you have produced another  set of detailed macro images defying the odds almost .  The last one stands out the most for me ... well done again Fooj. 

Thank you all....

I remember posting lots of macro studies using an extremely heavy, ungainly lens and flash diffuser kit around ten years ago. That dedicated 100-2.8 macro lens cost me a small fortune, the results were never as good as these though.

The fact that this very beautiful looking ex Cine-camera lens is only 2 inches long means I can work at f8 offering a much deeper DOF.

The whole set-up is extremely light, even with all three extension rings added; currently I am experimenting with a tiny cube LED light, but struggle to focus as yet....more practice later today.

FUJI

Archived