Just to let you know we have some new challenges starting Monday 1st July 2019, you can find more details here:

New TIPF Challenges

Ryewolf Ryewolf

Don't forget ... last few days to post in August In Focus Challenge. Deadline midnight on Sunday 31st August for your entries (a maximum of 4) in the latest monthly TIPF IN FOCUS challenge.

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/29342-tipf-in-focus-august-2019-open-theme/

Good Luck  everyone ...;)

The Weekly Caption 26/08/2019

All you have to do is add a caption - or two if you fancy.....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/30771-the-weekly-caption-26082019/

Ryewolf

Entries close for this weeks Alphabet image at midnight Sunday 22nd September ... Post a pic taken this week  ...  How  unusual a subject beginning with 'L' can you come up with eh? .;)

Ryewolf

Looks like I'll be celebrating my birthday in Madeira at the end of November, so thought I'd post a few images from previous visits.

Much looking forward to the local beer, the street food and seeing Funchal's Christmas lights. 

Korky

Evening in Funchal

Twilight.jpg

The Village

The Village.jpg

The Essential Ingredient

Garlic.jpg

Levada Dos Tornos

Levada.jpg

A Quiet Day in Monte

Monte.jpg

Backstreet Boozer

Boozer.jpg

• Like 2

What a super set Korks ... I love that second one of the Village  especially  ...It has an almost .. Lowryesque  feel to the buildings  ....without the Matchstick men  ! I love that .... One to print  on a large canvas for the wall methinks ....

The Garlic bulbs  image is typical Korky  processing making the mundane look really  interesting with some lovely light and colours .. The Levadas are a brilliant system for irrigation aren't they... ..?  Have a great time  next month then .... Last time I was there I  hoped to go for Afternoon Tea at Raffles ... then I saw the price so decided to stay where I was at the Savoy  !! :lol:

• Like 1

Brilliant. I love the garlic picture that is excellent, and the first two are like night and day quite literally. The bright lights of a busy port full of cruise ships against the calmness of the village scene in the second picture stunning.

• Like 1

Yes! The Village and the Garlic for me too, both, well thought out and presented.

FUJI

• Like 1

I love the place but I hate the delays at the airport when the weather (wind) takes over.  Very nice series. I particularly like the last one.

• Like 1

A great set, Korky - my favourite has to be the garlic.

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone, glad ya like 'em!

Korky

An excellent set, I especially like no 2.

• Like 1

Again, the Garlic wins the set for me, but then the set is wholly good anyway!...sod it, I like 'em all :)

Hmmm.....Never been to Madeira either...

• Like 1

Great set Korky, like them all, the Garlic is lovely but the contrast of dark sky and the lights is my fav, because it is not the sort of contrast we get to see where we live.

• Like 1

Again, thank you everyone. Positive comments always warm my cockles.

And, just in case someone's interested, here's some video I shot on our first visit to the island. It's hardly gone viral, but I like it.

Korky

• Like 3

That’s a very nice taste of Madeira. Korks. ...some magical imagery.. I really loved the all too short skateboarder scene especially… some  very nice quality video graphic skills on display here plus some great editing finesse... Smashing stuff  Korky B DeMille  ...👏

• Like 1

Great video, Korky.  Was it all shot as video or are there some stills with the 'Ken Burns' effect in there too?

24 minutes ago, Hatter said:

Was it all shot as video or are there some stills with the 'Ken Burns' effect in there too?

Yes, some stills helped out by Ken Burns. I think the effect works well.

I did this with a 'borrowed' copy of Final Cut Pro, but I found it a bit too difficult to get to grips with. It'll be back to iMovie for my next attempt.

Korky

• Like 1

Great video with great views and nice music too. The scene almost at the end, with the fountains and the swan on a lake, was beautiful, but lots of interesting stuff in there!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Korky said:

Yes, some stills helped out by Ken Burns. I think the effect works well.

I like doing stuff like that but I never shoot actual video - most of my "movies" have been combinations of still images and still images with the Ken Burns effect.

4 hours ago, Korky said:

It'll be back to iMovie for my next attempt.

I've never managed to get on with iMovie.  I use a German program called Fotomagico.