Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Gloucester Historic Docks...#1

JohnP

I remember when I was young this was an extremely busy working docks, I used to stay with my aunt & uncle in Newent during the school holidays. My uncle drove a Bedford lorry and we used to spend quite a lot of time loading and unloading his lorry here, quite a lot of the loads were imported timber. All the old warehouses are now offices, eating places and flats etc.

26843896_001(2).jpg.87d0eed80f7e9f699b573eff8937e6fc.jpg

873018227_002(2).jpg.eaebd3fc984c3395ec6f0dbd0ed0dc28.jpg

765826915_003(2).jpg.1e10aa744f2f433c03daabb2718f4809.jpg

I haven’t  been there for about 20 years  John ...it looks a busy area . Is it a bit like Liverpool’s Albert Docks ... a bit of a tourist area ?  It does seem that Narrowboats are popular everywhere though . Your photos certainly show that there has been a lot of regeneration work done in converting old warehouses etc .  The reflections on the last image are almost mirror like... I love all the potted plants  around the moorings of the narrowboats ... no matter where we are, we love a bit of garden don’t we ? ?

A really interesting set but I like the third image in particular for its reflection.  Preston Dock was the same and I have watched the area change over the last 30 years from a place where bananas and timber were imported to a commercial park and tourist area.  The final link disappeared earlier this year when the wood yard from which I sourced hardwoods for many years, closed down and was replaced by a Porche dealership.

Terrific pictures of a great inland dock John. I took something there in 1978 but cant remember what ! that was probably not long before they ceased as a commercial dock....but I was driving a Bedford although it was a TM  :) I think the style of those warehouses is very similar to the Tobacco warehouses at Bristol docks, and I have not seen them for years either!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived