Just to let you know we have some new challenges starting Monday 1st July 2019, you can find more details here:

New TIPF Challenges

Ryewolf Ryewolf

Don't forget ... last few days to post in August In Focus Challenge. Deadline midnight on Sunday 31st August for your entries (a maximum of 4) in the latest monthly TIPF IN FOCUS challenge.

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/29342-tipf-in-focus-august-2019-open-theme/

Good Luck  everyone ...;)

The Weekly Caption 26/08/2019

All you have to do is add a caption - or two if you fancy.....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/30771-the-weekly-caption-26082019/

Ryewolf

Entries close for this weeks Alphabet image at midnight Sunday 22nd September ... Post a pic taken this week  ...  How  unusual a subject beginning with 'L' can you come up with eh? .;)

Ryewolf

There are now about ten pairs of Kites settled in the local woods. I popped up my friends farm today, as I have just got my big Nikon lens back from re-calibration, repair and adjustment.

It all seems ok, just that I'm a bit out of practice trying to wield it about  !

The kites hang around over his barns and fly quite low...

untitled-75.jpg

untitled-87-2.jpg

untitled-88.jpg

untitled-92.jpg

untitled-111.jpg

untitled-115.jpg

• Like 4

A nice set - well captured, Denis!

• Thanks 1

Excellent set Denis, especially no2

• Thanks 1

Must be incredibly difficult to handle a big lens to photograph birds in flight, so a big thumbs-up from me.

Shots 1, 2 & 5 work best for me - very nice!

Korky

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At two and a half kilos it is a big lumpy lens to handle Korky. I have got a mono pod but find it needs a gimble of sorts for flexibility, so hand held it is for the moment!

I really appreciate what an excellent set this is  Denis....I know how hard it is to get good crisp images of birds in flight ... and I’d be really pleased if I had taken these.  Well done 

• Thanks 1

Superb Set Denis! 

• Thanks 1

Nice series.  I'm guessing that the barn is a good spot for food of the small four legged kind.  Good place to sit and wait.

• Thanks 1

Great set of photos. :)

And well done for handling a lens that size!  I borrowed a friend's Sigma 150-600mm and could hardly pick up my camera with it attached, never mind take a well-focussed picture! ;)

• Thanks 1

A few hours down the gym is practically necessary preparation when I take my big lens out ...😉 so I know how you feel Stella.. 

• Like 1

On 07/10/2019 at 11:14, johntwo said:

Nice series.  I'm guessing that the barn is a good spot for food of the small four legged kind.  Good place to sit and wait.

Kites are primarily scavengers, so they are mostly looking out for road kill (although they will take a baby rabbit or young waterbird).

On one occasion, something (a cat) had left a dead rat on the patio, so I put it in the middle of the lawn, and while I was in the shed I saw a kite swoop down and take it away.

• Like 1

Nice series Denis! 

My days of humping big lenses are over now, I have absolutely no regrets about buying my Panasonic FZ2000 camera, the 20x optical zoom gives you an equivalent of 24-480mm in 35mm terms, this doubles to 960mm when the iZoom setting is used.

• Like 1