Just to let you know we have some new challenges starting Monday 1st July 2019, you can find more details here:

New TIPF Challenges

Ryewolf Ryewolf

Don't forget ... last few days to post in August In Focus Challenge. Deadline midnight on Sunday 31st August for your entries (a maximum of 4) in the latest monthly TIPF IN FOCUS challenge.

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/29342-tipf-in-focus-august-2019-open-theme/

Good Luck  everyone ...;)

The Weekly Caption 26/08/2019

All you have to do is add a caption - or two if you fancy.....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/30771-the-weekly-caption-26082019/

Ryewolf

Entries close for this weeks Alphabet image at midnight Sunday 22nd September ... Post a pic taken this week  ...  How  unusual a subject beginning with 'L' can you come up with eh? .;)

Ryewolf

FUJI

ALIEN WORLD LIVE

Here, again the tiny Bolex CINE CAMERA  Lens, plus three extension rings offers this amazing macro performance.

Yes, focusing is critical, because of the exceptional shallow DOF, but get it right an you have a real winner...still lots of potential.

I was exploring a small wild-rose bramble when I chanced upon a bunch of Black-Fly ...then, after a while I noticed an Ant flitting about...then I recalled tat Ants, actually Farm Green-Fly and Black-Fly, fr the sweet honey-like nectar they extrude...Well...here is proof.

Once again I feature that tiny lens attached by an M42 adapter to my M 4/3 rd GX8..

FUJI

ALIEN WORLDS 8.jpg

ALIEN WORLDS 9.jpg

ALIEN WORLDS 11.jpg

ALIEN WORLDS 14.jpg

ALIEN WORLDS DIY  Lens used.jpg

Edited by FUJI

Interesting bit of kit FUJI, also never seen ants do this either.

I too used to use a RAYNOX...Theyvare excellent....very reasonable too.

I have it away when I sold all of my SONY gear after I suffered from double cataracts followed by micro surgery on my left retina....I sold all if my DONY macro stuff whilst it was still viable. That was three or more years ago now.

it was after watching a YouTube video that I ventured into DIY made up lenses.....that tiny Cine camera lens is a real beaut.

FUJI