Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Winging it ....

Clicker

Trying to get  decent photographs of birds in flight is  flipping difficult ...and is not helped when  you inadvertently  knock the manual  button  after  setting up the camera for a particular shooting opportunity.. I don't usually  chimp after shooting but I wish I had  when I was  at the International Centre for Birds of Prey a few weeks ago ...... Still on a sharp learning curve for this genre but I am hoping  to get better   I took hundreds of pics but had to bin loads  ...  here are a few  heavy crops ... just to give you an taste  of what it was like ...

DSCF1227 ed2s.jpg

DSCF2537ed1s.jpg

DSCF1737 eds.jpg

DSCF1067 ed1s barn owl.jpg

Thanks Korks .... ..I'm a novice at getting the settings right  for very fast  in flight  images ... need a lot of practise but it's a challenge ...  Yeah I had  to compensate   for the  cr*p quality  of the image and use some negative space on  a few pics  to  deflect attention  from the lack  of focus and detail  and make the composition the  talking point so to speak .......So...   Shhhh.....mum's the word !

2 and 4 for me Polly.  Nice that you have some texture in the sky as well.  Manual is one way to go if you set up one of the function buttons to control autofocus separating it from auto exposure which is still controlled by the shutter button.  That's Fuji's version of back button focusing and coupled with auto ISO is what is recommended by some for BIF.  The trouble is that in the excitement of the chase, I always forget to set the camera up.

32 minutes ago, johntwo said:

2 and 4 for me Polly.  Nice that you have some texture in the sky as well.  Manual is one way to go if you set up one of the function buttons to control autofocus separating it from auto exposure which is still controlled by the shutter button.  That's Fuji's version of back button focusing and coupled with auto ISO is what is recommended by some for BIF.  The trouble is that in the excitement of the chase, I always forget to set the camera up.

I got a bit like that John ... Back button focusing  seems to be the way to go ...

Archived