Just to let you know we have some new challenges starting Monday 1st July 2019, you can find more details here:

New TIPF Challenges

Ryewolf Ryewolf

Entries close for this weeks Alphabet image at midnight Sunday 1st September ... Post a pic taken this week  ...  How  unusual a subject beginning with 'I' can you come up with eh? .;)

Ryewolf

Don't forget ... last few days to post in August In Focus Challenge. Deadline midnight on Sunday 31st August for your entries (a maximum of 4) in the latest monthly TIPF IN FOCUS challenge.

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/29342-tipf-in-focus-august-2019-open-theme/

Good Luck  everyone ...;)

The Weekly Caption 26/08/2019

All you have to do is add a caption - or two if you fancy.....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/30771-the-weekly-caption-26082019/

Ryewolf

Another study via my Leica projector lens conversion...it is equal to any expensive macro lens, and it cost circa £60.

FUJI

B SHARP   colour.jpg

• Like 4

Many thank for your observations and thoughts James......very interesting.

A couple of things come to mind in your comparisons.....

If John used a top end Bridge camera, and shot JPEG s the camera would have computed the sharpness, saturation and overall final appearance of the shot.

Whereas my DIY lens is wide open at 2.8 so bags of light..... I always shoot in RAW so what you see is, my personal take on the subject, after using NIK-EFEX  and CS6 sliders on layers of varying opacity and strength.

i did try upping the saturation of my posted JPEG on my iPad  but it doesn’t work.

I will experiment in CS6 Later.

FUJI

I like the  fact that  there is  a lot of light in this  image ... It kind of epitomises that feel of  a bright, sun shiny  day when the bees are humming and buzzing about their business.... and I love your  innovative  experimentation  with the Leica Projection lens Fooj .... more power to your elbow Squire  ... :thumbsu:

Good to see some experiments with different lenses and processing