Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Hedgehog... So cute!

Aw That is so good to see.John ... Apparently they do like tinned cat or dog food ( not fish)and cat or dog biscuits soaked in water  ... never  milk as it give them the runs !   Do show us your hog houses when you've done  them ...and keep us up to date with the visits of these two ... they are becoming a rare sight  ..

• Like 1

The Hedgehog in the photos is much more at ease than the other one which rolls up when I get near it, the one feeding makes me laugh, it comes running up the drive at close to 9.30pm most evenings. The outside lights coming on doesn't bother it and my camera flash doesn't either, I have never know an Hedgehog like it before. I have to remember it's a wild animal and it could disappear at any time which would be a shame, I pray it doesn't go near the main road about 50 metres away.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am really chuffed, the Hedgehog home I made is occupied for the first time today. My friend has been carefully lifting the lid slightly to have a peep since we put the home in place and she was so happy to see one of the two Hedgehog she has been feeding fast asleep inside. They have also been inside a home I bought to eat food but have not slept in that one so far.

That’s fabulous news John ... you’ll have to market them .. you could save lots of hedgehogs ! I was going to ask you if the entrance to the inner sanctum was overly big and would allow a predator to get in whilst it was hibernating .... but maybe  that wouldn’t be a likely scenario ...  I’m not surprised that you’re chuffed ... I think it’s a great result for your efforts ...Take a bow SIr ...

• Like 1

Polly... I checked what size the main entrance should be and most sites came up with a size of 125mm so that's the measurement I used. The Hedgehog has settled down away from the entrance to the inner sanctum so I hope it will be OK, with all the food my friend has been giving them they seem quite large to me, I hope the other Hedgehog takes to the home I bought. I would have made the second home but buying one was the best choice as I have been doing some decorating for my friend... hence I haven't been on the forum much lately. I doubt the Hedgehog will hibernate proper for a while longer.

This is the house I bought.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JBCN7CP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Polly.. I'm absolutely delighted and so is my friend, she loves seeing them come to her back door for food every evening. The Hedgehogs have it worked out, one comes about 9.30pm and the other one gives her time to refill the dish before he/she arrives. It's amazing!!! The second house (the bought one) hasn't been slept in yet but the food left inside disappears.

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

UPDATE.

Even though both the Hedgehog houses got used for sleeping in last September/October neither were used for hibernation, in November when I thought all Hedgehogs must now be hibernating I put both houses in my friends garage for the winter. About a week ago there was evidence that Hedgehogs had again been visiting my friends garden, I thought maybe they would sleep in the houses again so I took them from the garage and placed the in her garden along with food. This morning she phoned about 9.30am to say the house that I had made had a Hedgehog asleep in it, I went to her place with my camera. She carefully opened the lid of the house trying not a wake it, however it did just raise it's head but didn't seem bothered so I just fired off four photos and she shut the lid. I waited a while and the Hedgehog didn't come out of the house so I left happy.

1894290726_P1040124(3).jpg.aca4cc379eb132dc71c71dca5f1a148d.jpg

1132272260_P1040125(3).jpg.90d35d1e36e9f7966e2cb6de47db6336.jpg

634876090_P1040126(3).jpg.cd5cff8b3b0d913b928b45d0b6aef5b3.jpg

1879663189_P1040127(3).jpg.c8fe2cffe05f9f2b6999c4aa7c8e3428.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
On 13/08/2022 at 18:15, Clicker said:

You must feel really chuffed that your  hard work has resulted in  it being such a permanent residence  for this   little soul .. How rewarding is that ?!!

My friend has seen four Hedgehogs in her garden all at the same time on several occasions, food is put in her three hedgehog houses for them every evening.

• Like 1