Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The Vulcan.

JohnP

It's a shame the Vulcan is now grounded but all good things come to an end eventually, when it was flying I was a member of 'The Vulcan To The Sky Club' and I made quite a few donations to help keep it flying. Members had a chance to visit the hanger, after being on the waiting list for several months my chance came on the 14th February 2010, at that time her home was an hanger at RAF Lyneham in Wiltshire. Because it was an active RAF base there was a lot of security, one could not just drive up to the gate to get in. Cars had to be left in nearby Wooton Bassett and members were bused to Lyneham, we even had to have passports with us.

121942653.jpg

121959397.jpg

The Bomb Bay.

121974031.jpg

121985665.jpg

122005950.jpg

122048349.jpg

122106290.jpg

122162730.jpg

Airshows just are not the same without this magnificent piece of British design and engineering gracing the sky anymore.

A really good set of photographs of a live aircraft resting in a hangar, not the same now its almost lifeless and trapped at Robin hood airport. I think she should have gone to Bruntingthorpe, where at least it could have flexed its muscles down the main runway under her own awesome power like the collections other cold war Jets do a few times a year!

2 hours ago, JohnP said:

at that time her home was an hanger at RAF Lyneham in Wiltshire

That would explain why I saw it on the way to (or from, I don't remember which way) the Diamond Jubilee flypast. I heard a very heavy jet, and looked out of the kitchen window, unfortunately any cameras were in the sitting room and the camera on a Nexus4 with Ubports takes at least 20s to bring up!.

What a super set John ...of historic value now as well .. I  filmed her flying at the Cosworth Airshow  on that final year... what a magnificent sight .. yes I agree Denis ...  shows just aren't the same without  this iconic  aeroplane...

On 29/08/2019 at 20:11, Denis said:

Airshows just are not the same without this magnificent piece of British design and engineering gracing the sky anymore.

A really good set of photographs of a live aircraft resting in a hangar, not the same now its almost lifeless and trapped at Robin hood airport. I think she should have gone to Bruntingthorpe, where at least it could have flexed its muscles down the main runway under her own awesome power like the collections other cold war Jets do a few times a year!

100% agree with you there Denis, I grew up in the 60's and 70's with the sound and howl living under RAF Waddington., such a shame we no longer hear her.

Archived