Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

DIY GLASS

The LEICA Projector Lens is beginning to open my eyes to a New World...

As you can see the colour rendition is spot on, as is, the centre point focus....Bags of potential.

The ...FOLK - ART Whirligigs feature my cranky looking Sea-Witch.....and....FLY ME TO THE MOON.

Love the Seed-Head.

I just need a willing portrait model now.

FUJI

AGAINST THE GREEN  colour.jpg

EARLY AUTUMN FRUITS colour.jpg

FLY ME TO THE MOON  colour.jpg

SEA WITCH  colour.jpg

SEED HEAD  colour.jpg

Thank you Gareth.......

‘I think that it is one of the best £26 I’ve ever spent......I note there are one or two more of those Leica projector lenses on eBay....plus many other makes.

The floating Whirligig?.........I was naughty and cloned his knitting needle support out from beneath his base. ?

I have watched another YouTube video with a projector lens of a different spec, being used to shoot amazing dreamy footage of a girl in the woods.....I’m looking to have a go at that now.

FUJI

3 hours ago, Clicker said:

The seed head is just  fabulous  Fooj ... with bokeh to die for ...  So do you need an adapter  for the lens ...a pic of it attached to your camera please ..  I love it ... More info  please Fooj .

Hi, Polly,

Thank you for you kind words .....

Like all projector lenses it consists of a simple, straight through metal tube, containing two or three glass element...( beautifully precise Leica glass in this instance), no diaphragm just 2.5 all the way through by 90mm......with no means of focusing.

This,  of course is useless for fitting on to any camera, so an adapter with a Helical focus ring needs to be made or purchased. There are Helical M42 to M42 adapters on eBay together with many other specs....but I didn’t want to waste my money getting the wrong one.

Instead, I followed instructions on one of the many videos available on Youtube ......I sacrificed one of my tiny vintage lenses having the right diameter focus ring......after a I removed all of the glass elements I was left with just that.....the focus mechanism that made a butt joint with the projector lens.

To check that it worked, I first taped the two together, end to end.....it did, so, as it was a butt joint....I carefully used a tiny amount of Araldite adhesive on the end  meeting surfaces, then stood one on the other until it dried. After this I used my industrial glue gun to form build up crude, but tough cover for the join, extending each side ,of the butt joint.

The old lens Helical focus ring works as it should, enabling my projector lens to focus precisely between two points ....minimum focus distance about 3 feet, .... no infinity but a reasonable range to get the results shown.

To obtain infinity, a projector lens of a different spec is required....all I can do is to point you toward the many YouTube videos on the subject, and toward the many projector lenses available on eBay.  Old projectors with lenses can be found in charity shops and at Boot Fairs.

I will find then post a link to one of the best YouTube videos.

My actual lens looks like  a simple tube, butt jointed to the focusing bit of an old M42 film lens,,,,a £5 M42 to micro four thirds adapter enables connection to my camera..

Here is the link......FUJI

Ok, here we go.

I shot this pic with my iPhone just now....

Above the camera is a very similar vintage Russian lens to  the one  I removed the glass elements from, the black plastic is an m39 Adapter enabling attaching to my camera.

Clearly shown is how I have used Araldite and then an industrial hot glue gun to butt-join the projector lens and the Helical focus mechanism from the old lens together....not a pretty sight but it works, that was the objective.

Again you can see another M39 adapter in use, attaching the DIY lens to my LUMIX GX8 camera.

Simples! ?

FUJI

03FA1794-4F8F-4FE5-A4FE-19A5D0025391.jpeg

’Flippin’   ‘eck Fooj ... .. I am quite  speechless ?  

It makes the seedhead image even more spectacular having seen the Heath Robinson  glass you’ve concocted...

Bloody well done Fooj ..... if  you’ll  excuse  the vernacular  ! 

Archived