Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Trial and error for a new effect ...

Clicker

I wanted  to try and get an effect between impressionist painting and water colours  without using  global paint effects ... I made a copy  of a wooded scene , then in Photoshop, went to Image >Adjustments >HDR toning > then took the detail  slider back all the way to -100% Saved this and then opened a copy  of the original back up and  selected and moved a copy of the adjusted version on  top of the copy of original ...I could alter the opacity of the adjusted version by  50% so I could see they original version underneath and using  a layer mask , was ably  to keep little bits of detail  of the original showing through  on top of the  adjusted hd toned version .. When this looked to my liking  I added a texture layer and a dry brush filter  ... This is the result of a whole ruddy day in front of the computer ....lol I'll post the original later tonight are I've had some supper ...

DSCF0800 HERGEST CROFT 2 painted hdr GREENwatercol  1scopy.jpg

Polly, It may have taken you all day, but I for one could be happy looking at this for years on a wall!

I don't understand how you did it, not having mucked about with Photoshop, layers,textures, Gaussian blur ;) , or any of the other terms you use.

But...I like this, its different, creative and...its still a photograph that YOU took, so the end result remains personal to you. Top marks Polly...its fab :)

Thanks Denis ...  not completely happy with it  but  getting there .. here is the original photo taken a couple of weeks ago at Hergest Croft Gardens..... 

DSCF0800 ED1 ORIG 1S .jpg

This is an adjusted version using the hdr toning option but going 100% negative on the slider . Then placed this on top of  original and used mask to let some of original show through  Then added a  dry brush filter over that  then a texture  on top of that .... 

DSCF0800 ED1 ORIG 1S hdrminus 100 .jpg

Blimey.. that's clever, I never did art at school, never been to an art gallery and sometimes I just don't get what some artists are portraying. but I likes what pleases me :)  and this does.Now if I could only understand how to use layers on a simplified program I would give something like this a go. As I have said before, I had a program called Gimp  that resembled an earlier version of photoshop , but couldn't for the life of me get any of it to work.

Give me an engine anyday ...

Gimp is capable of doing things like this ...it can use layers ... Not sure if it works with RAW files  as it's years since I used it .but certainly workS with JPEGS..

If you download it  ...its free  you can follow no end of youtube tutorials ....

Polly, like Denis what you have actually done is beyond me, but I like the effect in the first picture. your 'twiddling' has mixed the colours so gently, and having the path down the middle is great. You did well with this I think!

Like the effect Polly and the subject is right for it.  Like Denis, I can see this on the wall. I also admire the fact that you haven't just applied a ready made filter but have developed a finish suited to the original.  Nice work.

Thanks John ... Appreciate  the feedback ...   I tend to  make my own filters now a lot of the time  now ...and I just thought it was worth showing this one as it's the first time i've  used the HDR toning option  with the detail slider all the way over to the left . I used a  layer mask to retrieve a little detail in certain areas and that  was  a case of tria land error to see what looked right  for me.before putting that texture over it  on a normal blending option .Probably a bit boring  explaining this  but  there may be one or two people  interested in   how I get from A to B.:)

• 1 month later...

Archived