Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Historic Commercial Vehicle Society Manchester to Harrogate Run 2019

Ryewolf

Just a few from the 51st Historic Commercial Vehicle Society Manchester to Harrogate run as they trundled through Hebden Bridge on Sunday. I think most of these are pre-1950, so around 70 years old.

#1  Leyland Beaver
#2  Chevrolet
#3  AEC Mammoth Major
#4  Leyland Super Comet
#5  Bedford
#6  Leyland Comet
#7  Leyland Octopus
#8  Morris Commercial
#9  Chevrolet

bedford-beaver-2064.jpg

chevrolet-2069.jpg

aec-mammoth-major-2088.jpg

leyland-super-comet-2123.jpg

bedford-2127.jpg

leyland-comet-2148.jpg

leyland-octopus-2152.jpg

morris-commercial-2167.jpg

chevrolet-2183.jpg

That's a fabulous collection of  old trucks Rye ... are they classed as Vintage or Veteran.. The Bedford Beaver  looks  like the oldest   but all look loved and cherished  by their owners ...You did a good job  with this set ... I bet Denis will have them all on his wall  by teatime !

Great photos of a subject I love,  but the first is a 1934 Leyland Beaver, not a Bedford ;)

The classic British eight-legger (four axle rigid) were the mainstay of British road Haulage for over three decades, Both the AEC Mammoth Major (pic 3) and the Leyland Octopus (pic 7) seen in your pics being a classic examples.

Love the Chevrolet trucks, oh and the Red ex military Bedford, thousands of vehicles were pressed into civilian use after the war to replace worn out commercial trucks. Many of these were built and had not seen service so were a bargain for British Hauliers to use until the country could produce better designed trucks for the road haulage industry. Sadly our design teams were stuck in a rut and could not keep up with Swedish and Dutch builders. Another reason why Volvo, Scania and DAF are king today.

2 hours ago, Clicker said:

That's a fabulous collection of  old trucks Rye ... are they classed as Vintage or Veteran..

Thanks Clicker, for cars anything pre 1930 is a vintage and over 45 years is classed as Antique - apparently.

2 hours ago, Denis said:

Great photos of a subject I love,  but the first is a 1934 Leyland Beaver, not a Bedford

Thanks Denis, you're right of course it is a Leyland ....

2 hours ago, Denis said:

Another reason why Volvo, Scania and DAF are king today.

There were certainly plenty of those on the run.

Archived