Just to let you know we have some new challenges starting Monday 1st July 2019, you can find more details here:

New TIPF Challenges

Ryewolf Ryewolf

Don't forget ... midnight on Sunday 31st August is the deadline for your entries (a maximum of 4) in the latest monthly TIPF IN FOCUS challenge.

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/29342-tipf-in-focus-august-2019-open-theme/

Good Luck  everyone ...;)

Entries close for this weeks Alphabet image at midnight Sunday 18th Aug ... Post a pic taken this week  ...  How  unusual a subject beginning with G can you come up with eh?.;)

atb  Ryewolf

Stravinsky

Lake Wanaka, New Zealand

I did a portrait version of this, but I think I prefer the landscape version 

Lakewanaka432A0497website.jpg

• Like 2

Link to the other version.

Although it's the same scene, I think they're very different images, Jon.
I like this one a lot but I feel it it lacks the "lead in" of the first version.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hatter said:

Link to the other version.

Although it's the same scene, I think they're very different images, Jon.
I like this one a lot but I feel it it lacks the "lead in" of the first version.

Thanks for putting the link up, I'm not too sure .. although I see your point

Having looked at both, I think I prefer this landscape version, could possibly do with a tad straightening of 1 - 1.5 deg to the right though.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

Having looked at both, I think I prefer this landscape version, could possibly do with a tad straightening of 1 - 1.5 deg to the right though.

Strangely I double checked that at the time of processing as I didnt think it looked spot on, but it seems to be something to do with the land on the right being closer than the land on the left as when checked in PS it seems perfect on the far horizon (which also has land leaning from left to right 

Now that’s interesting ... I use my eye mostly to determine what actually looks correct on the horizon  and I feel the corrected version looks wrong ..  I also prefers the landscape because it actually has leading lines  with the shadowed reflections pointing to the centre of the image . the portrait mode version seems a horizontal linear effect. ... which I like too  as it takes you in steps up the image ..  Nowt as strange and as different as folk is there ? 😎

26 minutes ago, Clicker said:

Now that’s interesting ... I use my eye mostly to determine what actually looks correct on the horizon  and I feel the corrected version looks wrong ..  I also prefers the landscape because it actually has leading lines  with the shadowed reflections pointing to the centre of the image . the portrait mode version seems a horizontal linear effect. ... which I like too  as it takes you in steps up the image ..  Nowt as strange and as different as folk is there ? 😎

As i said, I think the horizon effect mentioned is down to the differing landscape difference, hence why by making an adjustment as shown makes it look wrong