Jump to content

Just to let you know we have some new challenges starting Monday 1st July 2019, you can find more details here:

New TIPF Challenges

Ryewolf Ryewolf

Don't forget ... midnight on Sunday 31st August is the deadline for your entries (a maximum of 4) in the latest monthly TIPF IN FOCUS challenge.

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/29342-tipf-in-focus-august-2019-open-theme/

Good Luck  everyone ...;)

Entries close for this weeks Alphabet image at midnight Sunday 18th Aug ... Post a pic taken this week  ...  How  unusual a subject beginning with G can you come up with eh?.;)

atb  Ryewolf

Stravinsky

Lake Wanaka, New Zealand

Recommended Posts

I did a portrait version of this, but I think I prefer the landscape version 

Lakewanaka432A0497website.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Link to the other version.

Although it's the same scene, I think they're very different images, Jon.
I like this one a lot but I feel it it lacks the "lead in" of the first version.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Hatter said:

Link to the other version.

Although it's the same scene, I think they're very different images, Jon.
I like this one a lot but I feel it it lacks the "lead in" of the first version.

Thanks for putting the link up, I'm not too sure .. although I see your point

 

Share this post


Link to post

Having looked at both, I think I prefer this landscape version, could possibly do with a tad straightening of 1 - 1.5 deg to the right though.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

Having looked at both, I think I prefer this landscape version, could possibly do with a tad straightening of 1 - 1.5 deg to the right though.

Strangely I double checked that at the time of processing as I didnt think it looked spot on, but it seems to be something to do with the land on the right being closer than the land on the left as when checked in PS it seems perfect on the far horizon (which also has land leaning from left to right 

Share this post


Link to post

Now that’s interesting ... I use my eye mostly to determine what actually looks correct on the horizon  and I feel the corrected version looks wrong ..  I also prefers the landscape because it actually has leading lines  with the shadowed reflections pointing to the centre of the image . the portrait mode version seems a horizontal linear effect. ... which I like too  as it takes you in steps up the image ..  Nowt as strange and as different as folk is there ? 😎

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Clicker said:

Now that’s interesting ... I use my eye mostly to determine what actually looks correct on the horizon  and I feel the corrected version looks wrong ..  I also prefers the landscape because it actually has leading lines  with the shadowed reflections pointing to the centre of the image . the portrait mode version seems a horizontal linear effect. ... which I like too  as it takes you in steps up the image ..  Nowt as strange and as different as folk is there ? 😎

As i said, I think the horizon effect mentioned is down to the differing landscape difference, hence why by making an adjustment as shown makes it look wrong

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...