Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Heavy air Transporters

Monkey

7 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

Well caught, I think I saw either the Airbus A400M  or the Galaxy USAF C5, it was certainly big... alas I was driving so couldn't stop to take a photograph.

Thank you Ryewolf A400M is a tad longer than the Herc then there is the C17 Transporter thats way bigger than these and then the C5 galaxy is nearly twice the size of the C17 The RAF do not have C5 but they do have C17  C5 are usually seen arriving or departing from either Mildenhall. Lakenheath or Fairford  all RAF bases but rented by the USAF 

Two fine images there Monkey ...  my favourite  is the the Hercules...what a fantastic workhorse this has been for the RAF .  We used to go to Mildenhall and Lakenheath regularly with some USAF friends in the 70's   when we lived in Suffolk ...

Where was the Hercules pic taken  then?

On 07/08/2019 at 22:29, Clicker said:

Two fine images there Monkey ...  my favourite  is the the Hercules...what a fantastic workhorse this has been for the RAF .  We used to go to Mildenhall and Lakenheath regularly with some USAF friends in the 70's   when we lived in Suffolk ...

Where was the Hercules pic taken  then?

Thank you, They were both taken at Bwlch the herc was shot from middle shelf and the A400 from top shelf.

19 hours ago, Denis said:

I would say the Mach loop again Polly...I think its the only place you can achieve shots like this but I may be wrong!

Thank you and yes in the Loop but you can get these type of shots from lots of areas in the Lakes and Scotland ive seen them on the great Glen and seen a lot around the Aviemore area 

19 hours ago, Clicker said:

I wondered if it was up in Scotland .... 

There are lots of areas to see them all over the UK 

On 09/08/2019 at 12:02, Clicker said:

I’m off to the lakes in a while  for a break .....where’s the best place there for seeing aircraft Monkey ... ?

Dunmail raise or Kirkstone Pass  look for an AA telephone box on Dunmail Raise between Grasmere and  Wythburn on the A591 planes will be heading from the south to the north, There are pathways up the hills from the AA box follow the wall then zig zag up as high as you need or park a little further north where the road splits to a small dual carriageway again there are paths on the eastern side so go up as high as you need> I would advise you only go up eastern sides at both points here as the western side at the split is accessible but much harder going and wear good hiking boots take hiking sticks you will need them, spare clothing food and drink weather can turn quickly up there same as Loop and it can be warm one minute and cold the next.

Enjoy yourselfs,  im up there from the 6th Sept with the mrs for a fortnight so will get some Plane spotting in as well.

Also ther is a big Military exercise happening for 3 weeks thru Sept from RAF Waddington with German EF2000 ie Typhoons, Israeli F15's and i believe Italians again EF2000 air forces involved as well as our Local RAF boys in their Typhoons from Coningsby and poss the F35's from Marham (not too sure on them yet) this is codenamed Operation Cobra Warrior, I cannot say they will go low level but its possible they might if they get clearance it's happened before but the last 2 times the Germans came over in 2017 and 2018 they were refused and there is a strong rumour all but the RAF and UK based USAF are banned currently so we will see, be nice to catch them camo Israeli F15's

Yeah   it may be a step too far for me  now  too.Denis although i have had an injection 3 weeks ago that has relieved the pain to a fraction of what it was   and can manage a 3 or 4  miles at a time  again   ... going uphill seems ok ...its coming down that is the problem !!

Thanks for all that info Monkey .. i will see if  it can fit in our timetable ... appreciate  all that ...cheers 

Archived