Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

JEST A CRUISIN' IN

FUJI

We live under the Landing Aproach and Take-Off run for most of the aircraft landing at or leaving Birminham International Airport, we are so used to them we hardly take any notice at all because modern jets are so very quiet:

This one comes and goes as regularly as a train...it's an Emirates Boeing 777 exactly the same type we flew to Hollywood in a couple of years ago:

This plane seems to have the ability to fly much slower, lower and less noisily than anything else flying....it can take the breath away as it  glides in under just enough power to keep it in the air. A number of Emirates Pilots put the undercarriage down very early over our house which is unusual because they still have about twelve miles to go as the crow flies

It is whisper quiet and a real pleasure to observe, most other airlines aproach at some speed, many banking sharply as they do so with quite a bit if engine noise:

Take Off noise from the boeing 777 is another thing, that pair of massive Rolls Royce Engines have a very distinctive  rumbling ROAR!...Thankfully Take-Off routes are usually away from buillt up areas so we get the rumble and not the roar:

The only Aircraft that bugs us as far as noise goes in the regular 4 times a day Commercial Helicopter shuttle, an all weather powerful beastie that can sound even noisier on damp and wet days....the rotor clatter is really intrusive...besides that a local Rugby Club ( the richer member of the town often hire a helocopter company to give short flights over the Castle next door, so over our neighbourhood too these are reakky annoying because everyt half hour or so we get the clatter and downwash of rotor blades as it makes low turns and sweeps over the Castle and iur house...it can ruin some weekends; We have complained,to the Club, the Airport and the Aviation Authority but they all seem to ignore us, myself and neighbours but we protest on

Taken at full 15 zoom with my FUJI EXR Compact shooting RAW...I am guessing the planr is as low as 900 ft over the fields at the back of the house:

Best viewed LARGE ....Cilck on Pic

This clip shows a similar plane a bit closer to landing, not at Biminham though:

Archived