Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A wander on our block.......

Actually got out for a short walk on our block yesterday morning, with Kelly & Brodie of course. We made it over the headland, first time for ages, and we could see how our rain has greened things up:

P1010859a_zpsumvswhy1.jpg

Found a nice Puffball Fungus;

P1010863a_zpsihpztfuv.jpg

A few yards further on I spotted a strange, solid looking nest at the top of a native  bush:

P1020011a_zpsh2otlkgl.jpg

Didn't realise until I looked closer that apart from the web effect round the top, all the hairs were on caterpillar bodies, so I reached up and grabbed a little branch to pull the nest down into a bit better light;

P1020010a_zpsqbw5a5pn.jpg

P1020006a_zps2t7jpdz6.jpg

P1020007a.thumb.jpg.f0a114e3f6911ce9383b4cde0d6cd64e.jpg

Had no clue as to what they were, so researched when I got back and I think they are Bag Shelter Moth caterpillars, and as a result of what I read about them I'm very glad I did not come into contact with even one of those hairs - very toxic!!

It's another rainy day today, so we are inside again,  but we are nice and warm!

Thank you all.

9 hours ago, Clicker said:

Wow I  bet you are really glad that you used a stick Dee ... looks llke it pays to be ruddy careful in your neck of the woods... a  really interesting set too ..  

Yes Polly, still using the stick and mainly because of our rough ground and two healthy doggies running around me!

17 hours ago, David995031 said:

These are so interesting. Seems everything is venomous down your way!

Not the most venomous David, but certainly bad enough to be aware of!

4 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

Interesting set Kobione, I'd never guess that caterpillars could be toxic.

Rye contact with the hairs causes bad rashes, very itchy and dermatitis like, and can also cause external and even internal bleeding if a hair is accidentally inhaled. The hairs are also known to be a threat to mares in foal and can easily cause the foal to die if hairs are consumed in grass. If K or B sniffed one we would have a problem!

Nice to see your back yard Dee, lots of  space to wander by the look of it.

Really looking forward to my trip to Aus in November..you know, bites, infections, poisonous Moths the size of Red Kites, spiders like dinner plates, Crocodiles in every bit of water including puddles...yeah...going to be good

Archived