Just to let you know we have some new challenges starting Monday 1st July 2019, you can find more details here:

New TIPF Challenges

Ryewolf Ryewolf

Don't forget ... last few days to post in August In Focus Challenge. Deadline midnight on Sunday 31st August for your entries (a maximum of 4) in the latest monthly TIPF IN FOCUS challenge.

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/29342-tipf-in-focus-august-2019-open-theme/

Good Luck  everyone ...;)

The Weekly Caption 26/08/2019

All you have to do is add a caption - or two if you fancy.....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/30771-the-weekly-caption-26082019/

Ryewolf

Entries close for this weeks Alphabet image at midnight Sunday 22nd September ... Post a pic taken this week  ...  How  unusual a subject beginning with 'L' can you come up with eh? .;)

Ryewolf

Never seen one of those before Rye ...  what unusual crimson eyes too ... You seem to have seen some unusual  wildlife at Chester Zoo... #2. For me .... the whole bird and an uncluttered  background make it the most aesthetically pleasing for me ... lovely iridescent plumage shown well with the light .  

1 hour ago, Clicker said:

the whole bird and an uncluttered  background

Thanks Clicker, yes I was a bit annoyed about missing the end of it's tail in the fourth image, but they are free flying so almost like watching birds in the wild.

The red eyes are very unusual.  
Probably a stupid question (I'm good at those!) - are there "fat" & "thin" birds or is it just that they puff out their feathers?

1 hour ago, Clicker said:

You seem to have seen some unusual  wildlife at Chester Zoo...

Yes, there's a good selection of different animals, to be honest you probably need 3-4 days to do it justice especially if you wanted to see everything, I was there 6 hours and completely missed several areas.

1 minute ago, Hatter said:

The red eyes are very unusual.  
Probably a stupid question (I'm good at those!) - are there "fat" & "thin" birds or is it just that they puff out their feathers?

They they are unusual. I think they've just puffed out their feathers....

Nice set Rye, of a bird I've never seen, love the reds eyes.

7 hours ago, Kobione said:

Nice set Rye, of a bird I've never seen, love the reds eyes.

Thanks Kobione, I'd never seen them before either