Just to let you know we have some new challenges starting Monday 1st July 2019, you can find more details here:

New TIPF Challenges

Ryewolf Ryewolf

I'm looking for Cats, Capybara, Canals... What will you find?

Join us in the A-Z Challenge... Week 3 - The Letter C and see what you can find!!

What a satisfying shot that must feel ... if I was the photographer I would be very pleased with that indeed ..one of the fastest birds on the planet and you have got that beautifully isolated Cheryl ...  super job . 

Ps I love the fact that in the background you can just discern a rail and post ... making a lovely balance to this image . 

• Thanks 1

All said above plus you've captured a real look of determination Cheryl.  That bird had something in mind.  Lovely shot.

• Thanks 1

The only one I have seen close was at the Cornwall Raptor Centre a couple of weeks or so ago, thats a terrific shot Cheryl!

• Thanks 1

Great Capture , yup they are very fast ,.

• Thanks 1

Great shot, Cheryl.

• Thanks 1

Great shot Cheryl, they had one nesting on a building in Blackburn.

• Thanks 1

On 09/07/2019 at 17:00, Clicker said:

What a satisfying shot that must feel ... if I was the photographer I would be very pleased with that indeed ..one of the fastest birds on the planet and you have got that beautifully isolated Cheryl ...  super job . 

Ps I love the fact that in the background you can just discern a rail and post ... making a lovely balance to this image . 

Thank you, Polly. I was very pleased (and surprised) with the shot when I looked at it on the pc this week, having taken it a couple of months ago. It’s the first time I’ve used the focus tracking on my new Nikon: it certainly makes a lot of difference in capturing fast moving subjects like this. the speed of this bird is awe inspiring. 

I did wonder about the background and considered removing the fence completely but ran out of time. As it was, I lightened it to allow the falcon to stand out more from the background. 

• Like 1

On 10/07/2019 at 04:47, Ryewolf said:

Great shot Cheryl, they had one nesting on a building in Blackburn.

Thanks Rye, there was a pair nesting in Melb CBD, I recall, which kept the feral pigeon population down.