Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Caption Competion #3

See.   000000000   Who.  0000000000        OOOOOOOO      can.   OOOOOOOOOOO             hold.    OOOOOOOOOO       their OOOOOOOO      breath.     The.    OOOOOOOO        longest

oooooooooo0000000000000OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO00000000000000oooooooooooooooooooo ————————————- ?

FUJI 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It looks like the caption competition is dying a death as no poll was applied to this after 7 days .. or another photo  for a subsequent  challenge . ah well  maybe we just need to use the facility when a suitable photo turns up eh  

Well i had a good chuckle reading the captions ... thanks ...

1 hour ago, CanonChrissy said:

How is this being run? Who should have done the poll? Is it like the weekly challenge where the winner posts next image then does poll? I have a fab caption image so im happy to do the next one

Ime with you i didnt know, all i read was this from the rules

Each Caption Competition will last 2 weeks, starting on a Monday and finishing on a Sunday, after which we will have a vote for one week to choose the best caption.

So Caption Competition No 1 will finish on Sunday 23rd of June followed by a vote, Caption Competition 2 will start on Monday 24th June and finish on Sunday 7th July etc etc etc

I agree ... it really doesn’t look that clear does it in the rules ?  I just presumed, probably wrongly, that whoever posted the original pic each week would probably set up the poll  and I only noticed yesterday that no one had done it so I thought maybe the interest had waned ... it hadn’t stipulated anywhere that the winner sets up the next challenge either  so I can see why it been a bit confusing ... sorry Mike . We originally asked who was interested in taking part in setting up a challenge so we need to get this clarified as to how it all works .  Apologies all round ... 

I’ll have a chat with Rye  and get back to you all .. I’ll see if we can put this challenge on the quick links too as it seems to be a bit obscure in the “ one off “ challenge section .  I’ll get a poll set up later this morning too ..

Does this need to be run as a competition? - it just seems OTT to have it running over two weeks. Why not a new pic every Monday and then let folk add captions as they get the notion?

I think it'd be more fun that way - ya remember fun don't ya? Like back in the day when all we had to amuse us was a yellow yo-yo and summat that came free in a box of Shreddies. And we all thought it was a hoot to see dad's underpants flappin' on the washing line. 

Just sayin'.

Korky

• Like 1

That sounds a good idea Korks ...    the problem is we need a method that ensures someone posts a pic each week  so that’s why  I thought we were having a list of who would be responsible each week  to post.. 

5 hours ago, Korky said:

Like back in the day when all we had to amuse us was a yellow yo-yo and summat that came free in a box of Shreddies.

Oh for the simple life pleasures of a free plastic toy in with your cereal, until the bloody do gooders and the health & safety police made them be removed  in case we choked on them.

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, Clicker said:

I agree ... it really doesn’t look that clear does it in the rules ?  I just presumed, probably wrongly, that whoever posted the original pic each week would probably set up the poll  and I only noticed yesterday that no one had done it so I thought maybe the interest had waned ... it hadn’t stipulated anywhere that the winner sets up the next challenge either  so I can see why it been a bit confusing ... sorry Mike . We originally asked who was interested in taking part in setting up a challenge so we need to get this clarified as to how it all works .  Apologies all round ... 

I’ll have a chat with Rye  and get back to you all .. I’ll see if we can put this challenge on the quick links too as it seems to be a bit obscure in the “ one off “ challenge section .  I’ll get a poll set up later this morning too ..

Sorry this was totally my fault I completely forgot about the poll and informing whoever was next to post a new image.

9 hours ago, Korky said:

it just seems OTT to have it running over two weeks. Why not a new pic every Monday and then let folk add captions as they get the notion?

Sounds like a good idea. Korky if you can post a new image on Monday, I'll amend the rules and add a list of people.

• Like 1

I think it's a good idea not to have a poll  just  a rota of people who are willing to  put up a pic .. ...Shall we  just keep the one thread running or start a new one each week . I suppose  one long thread of images means all those involved at any stage will be notified of new entries and  could make it more accessible  to join in ... just  a thought as it seems to be tucked away and you have to remember to go and look for it ...

Thanks Rye ...I have been out all day so hadn't had the chance to get in touch with you over this ...Cheers ..

It looks like Chrissie is itching to get an image posted  so make sure she is on the rota  ....;)