Just to let you know we have some new challenges starting Monday 1st July 2019, you can find more details here:

New TIPF Challenges

Ryewolf Ryewolf

I'm looking for Cats, Capybara, Canals... What will you find?

Join us in the A-Z Challenge... Week 3 - The Letter C and see what you can find!!

Clicker

Tintern Abbey.. a lesson in stone masonry...

Yeah, but look at it, it's a ruin..... 😆

• Haha 3

Yeah.... Ruddy vandal  called Henry  did that ....

• Sad 1

I know, I was at Whalley Abbey today... Still they do have some nice mowed lawns......

Nice angle with this one Clicker - yes, it is amazing how some of the old buildings were constructed without the equipment we now think of as 'normal'!

• Thanks 1

Very nicely captured this architecture masterpiece. You did justice . WOW

• Like 1

Many thanks ThaiMike ...   luckily there were only a few visitors while I was there as usually tourists seem to spoil every shot ...😉

• Like 1

On 07/07/2019 at 08:10, Clicker said:

usually tourists seem to spoil every shot

You can always dob out (as Korky would say) the offending tourists.......

I didn’t mind leaving this tourist in the frame though Rye ... it  gives some perspective to the size of the place without encroaching on it at least ...     I love how we’ve  adopted Kork’s   “Dobbing out “  as a technical term  on here and “twanging ons braces” to signify how much one likes something ... Language has the ability to be so colourful doesn’t it ...😉

Really nice composition Polly.  A bit more micro contrast for me perhaps (Nik Vivesa or Clarity in Camera Raw.)?

150889148_DSCF0571tinternabbey6ed1s.thumb.jpg.2e168da33eeaa7c87a6ed593f64d6605.jpg.55c7a32e23831ae870654f3de05cad41.jpg

Edited by johntwo

1 hour ago, Clicker said:

I didn’t mind leaving this tourist in the frame though Rye ... it  gives some perspective to the size of the place without encroaching on it at least ...     I love how we’ve  adopted Kork’s   “Dobbing out “  as a technical term  on here and “twanging ons braces” to signify how much one likes something ... Language has the ability to be so colourful doesn’t it ...😉

Yes, my vernaculars do seem to have fallen into common usage - I shall invent some more and wazz 'em into my deliveries.

Love the POV and the compo on this - very nice indeed.

Korky

• Thanks 1

Thanks Korks ... always appreciate hearing from you ... as a lover of the language, love learning little literary lessons from a likeable Lancashire Lad .... 😉

Thanks John... I have  4 versions of this ...and one is one with a tad more contrast... will post it when I get back on my IMac.. Thanks for the input ... always appreciate your view... 

HereDSCF0571tintern abbey 6 ed13s.jpg's one for you John ...

Even Better for the warmth you have introduced into the stonework and the depth of the green in the grass..  That's very nice.

• Thanks 1

Not sure we could do the same today  if we only had their methods of construction.

• Haha 1