Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Horn Mill Hide.

It's finding out where their habitat is locally on the Severn  Denis .... I shall have to investigate ... The Red Kite is the first on my list ... then the Marlin that comes  to my garden about three times a year just to torment me as he seems to know that I've left my camera in the office each time he appears,  swooping on to a branch outside my kitchen window, for all of 5 seconds !!

20 hours ago, Clicker said:

It's finding out where their habitat is locally on the Severn  Denis .... I shall have to investigate ... The Red Kite is the first on my list ... then the Marlin that comes  to my garden about three times a year just to torment me as he seems to know that I've left my camera in the office each time he appears,  swooping on to a branch outside my kitchen window, for all of 5 seconds !!

I found this posted online Clicks :

I am quite excited to report that the Kingfishers appear to be thriving along our stretch of the River Severn. Their existence is always an indicator that the river is in good condition.
It looks as though there might be at least 3 individual birds between Vaynor and the Halfpenny Bridge. I have frequently spotted them glinting as they flash along the river, but have had little luck when it came to photographing them.
This weekend, I captured the enclosed photo on the riverbank opposite St. Mary’s Church and it astonishingly shows 2 birds perching together. I can’t quite decide whether it is 2 males or a male and a juvenile, as the feet on the one bird are obscured from view, but I wouldn’t have thought that 2 males would have tolerated each other in this manner.
Nevertheless, nice to see on our river and lets hope that they stay with us for a long time. Keep your eyes peeled and you may be lucky enough to spot them too

Thanks Denis ... I saw that whilst surfing for info ... That's about 100 miles away  ... just under two hours  drive ...  so it's  not too far away ... in the Brecon  hills .I'm hoping to find something a bit closer if possible  or maybe a reserve with hides to start with ... check out this amazing footage  showing how still they keep their head whilst  hunting for fish ..

Thanks for looking for me ...apppreciate that .

https://twitter.com/bbcspringwatch/status/957565936822726658?lang=en

24 minutes ago, Clicker said:

Thanks Denis ... I saw that whilst surfing for info ... That's about 100 miles away

To be honest you really need to find something a few miles away that has easy access to the river, Kingfishers are not only territorial, but have favourite perches that they like to visit at certain times of day.

On 06/07/2019 at 07:59, David995031 said:

A terrific set.. No 2 for me but I would love to know what he is saying in No 3.!

The male was to the right of Her so  ,Who Knows  LOL.

Archived