Just to let you know we have some new challenges starting Monday 1st July 2019, you can find more details here:

New TIPF Challenges

Ryewolf Ryewolf

The Weekly Caption 26/08/2019

All you have to do is add a caption - or two if you fancy.....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/30771-the-weekly-caption-26082019/

Ryewolf

Don't forget ... you've got about 7 days to post in NOVEMBER'S In Focus Challenge, this month is themed: Abstract. Deadline midnight on SATURDAY 30th NOVEMBER for your entries (a maximum of 4) in the latest monthly TIPF IN FOCUS challenge.

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/33671-tipf-in-focus-november-2019-themed-abstract/

Good Luck  everyone ...;)

This has got to be the most photographed view in Y*rkshire. I think it's the same view they used for one of the challenges on Landscape Artist of the Year.

I've given this a bit of a wash over with Topaz and then added a light texture just to make the whole thing fizz a bit.

Korky

For anyone interested, the Topaz preset is called Chinese Watercolor (note the US spelling).

The View Along the River Nidd

Knaresborough.jpg

• Like 4

I like that a lot, I've also photographed this several times myself.

lovely shot with nice treatment the rowers added a great sense of the scale

4 hours ago, Korky said:

The View Along the River Nidd

I was looking at the shots I took last year in Sept, and there was one almost identical, it even had a boat in almost the same spot.

13 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

I was looking at the shots I took last year in Sept, and there was one almost identical, it even had a boat in almost the same spot.

Let's have a sken - post in this thread if you wish.

Korky

5 hours ago, Korky said:

post in this thread if you wish

knaresborough-3114.jpg

• Like 1

It really is a great view and it's uncanny how great Lancashire minds think alike when in Y*rkshire.

We sat for about 15 minutes just enjoying the view (and doing a bit of people watching) and almost everyone who walked by stopped to take a photograph.

Korky

1 minute ago, Korky said:

It really is a great view and it's uncanny how great Lancashire minds think alike when in Y*rkshire.

I thought that when I saw it, we must have been stood literally within a few feet

It is an odd feeling isn’t it ... I think it’s about the same place I stood too years ago ... with a film camera ... just cannot find  the pic though ...

This  is a typical Korky style processing... almost a signature of yours   Korks and very recognisable ... it works well to make this well known scene a bit different ...  not an easy thing to do . But it works for me ...

Works for me too Korky, and a lovely view too.

Liked seeing your version too Rye.