Just to let you know we have some new challenges starting Monday 1st July 2019, you can find more details here:

New TIPF Challenges

Ryewolf Ryewolf

Don't forget ... midnight on Sunday 31st August is the deadline for your entries (a maximum of 4) in the latest monthly TIPF IN FOCUS challenge.

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/29342-tipf-in-focus-august-2019-open-theme/

Good Luck  everyone ...;)

Entries close for this weeks Alphabet image at midnight Sunday 18th Aug ... Post a pic taken this week  ...  How  unusual a subject beginning with G can you come up with eh?.;)

atb  Ryewolf

Fabulous view from the top of a very windy Long Mynd, Shropshire.

IMG_2647.thumb.jpg.3dd2c305fefa17e5423a4c41fd9099c6.jpg

• Like 4

Ooh David thanks for sharing this.

Long Mynd was one of my favourite places to visit, because of the stunning views, and David & I drove up there the morning after we were married, from where we stayed overnight in Church Stretton. We were in my Austin Healey Sprite, got almost to the top and got bogged!! We did walk around and enjoy the views, probably standing where you are when you took this, and eventually dug ourselves out and went back downhill. This has really brought back some memories, still a fantastic view too!!

• Like 1

And what a view, thanks for sharing this David :)

• Thanks 1

A great view David.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kobione said:

Ooh David thanks for sharing this.

Long Mynd was one of my favourite places to visit, because of the stunning views, and David & I drove up there the morning after we were married, from where we stayed overnight in Church Stretton. We were in my Austin Healey Sprite, got almost to the top and got bogged!! We did walk around and enjoy the views, probably standing where you are when you took this, and eventually dug ourselves out and went back downhill. This has really brought back some memories, still a fantastic view too!!

What a great story! It is always gratifying when one of your photographs gives someone's semi-dormant memory cells a nudge! When I was younger (and a whole lot fitter) I cycled over the Long Mynd and have always loved it there.

• Like 1

It is a grand  view .... one I know well too. Looks like you are revisiting places yourself as well David ..  Lovely that  it triggered a bout of nostalgia  for you too Dee..

• Like 1

I like this - it's a great view, but the addition of the people in the foreground makes it different.  (And there are three of them - judges always like threes!)

• Thanks 1

The photo stands up well on it's own, but add Dee's memories and it becomes a real belter.

It's things like this that make TIPF just a bit special.

Korky

• Like 1

I agree Korks ... we may not have huge numbers of members ...  but we tend to get to know one another more on here and it isn’t just a wall to hang yer pictures on ...      ..