Jump to content

Recommended Posts

More of a magnificent old house than a castle really but  still well worth a visit. (Thanks for the tip, Polly)

IMG_2727.thumb.jpg.23dfcbdf92c9e2e7d27f29925f1578d9.jpg

IMG_2728.thumb.jpg.5dc5f10ffccabce12b01d1974454fa47.jpg

IMG_2741.thumb.jpg.d916826f256855bf578e2adbddb6f8d0.jpg

IMG_2762.thumb.jpg.f9bbb6fd2952801a72186af06a3f340c.jpg

IMG_2770.thumb.jpg.03578efa2d744d795592f24731ea852a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

David.....thank you for bringing back happy memories fir me.... Stokesay Castle was just one of the many English Heritage sites I  worked in as...Tudor-Toy Maker.....

I used to park my VW camper-van in the grounds to be locked in overnight, so I could use the facilities.....a truly awe inspiring building.

If I recall correctly, there is a very poignant inscription to a child on one of the gravestones  in the churchyard very close by....it brought  tears to my eyes......

Other than that, workshops there were always well attended.....a decent journey from Kenilworth too.

FUJI

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, FUJI said:

David.....thank you for bringing back happy memories fir me.... Stokesay Castle was just one of the many English Heritage sites I  worked in as...Tudor-Toy Maker.....

I used to park my VW camper-van in the grounds to be locked in overnight, so I could use the facilities.....a truly awe inspiring building.

If I recall correctly, there is a very poignant inscription to a child on one of the gravestones  in the churchyard very close by....it brought  tears to my eyes......

Other than that, workshops there were always well attended.....a decent journey from Kenilworth too.

FUJI

I'm so glad I gave your memory chain a little pull! Must be pretty eerie overnight.

 

Share this post


Link to post

A nice set of images David. I must make more use of my English Heritage membership.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ryewolf said:

A nice set of images David. I must make more use of my English Heritage membership.

 

Yes Rye, there's a whole lot of photogenic old stuff out there!

Share this post


Link to post

 Glad you found  time to visit Stokesay Castle David .    I don’t recall any other building quite  like it actually...and as you said ....it makes for  some interesting photo opportunities. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Clicker said:

 Glad you found  time to visit Stokesay Castle David .    I don’t recall any other building quite  like it actually...and as you said ....it makes for  some interesting photo opportunities. 

Thanks for the tip, Polly.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...