Sign in to follow this  
David995031

Tree Surgery

Brave bloke, earning his living thirty feet above a car park.

IMG_2816.thumb.jpg.eca2e2ab4f7808581fe5a19d748cf010.jpg

IMG_2818.thumb.jpg.a93eeab58f2b8aed7e4ac4c97355d778.jpg

Took me a while to find the original text but you left me no choice really.

"I never wanted to do this in the first place! I... I wanted to be... A LUMBERJACK! Leaping from tree to tree! As they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia! With my best girl by my side! The Larch! The Pine! The Giant Redwood tree! The Sequoia! The Little Whopping Rule Tree! We'd sing! Sing! Sing!"

It's certainly not a job for the faint hearted. My bother in law is a tree surgeon I always call him a lumberjack which he's not keen on especially when I (try) sing him the lumberjack song. 

Edited by sjr
  • Haha 1

Great captures David........Our youngest son is a Tree Surgeon too.....only the other day he got called out in he own time to rescue a cat from thirty feet up in a tree.....bu most of his working days are spent up high amid the noise of chainsaws and shredder, reeking of petrol and tree sap....he loves the life, but is edging 50 yrs old now.

FUJI

3 hours ago, sjr said:

Took me a while to find the original text but you left me no choice really.

"I never wanted to do this in the first place! I... I wanted to be... A LUMBERJACK! Leaping from tree to tree! As they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia! With my best girl by my side! The Larch! The Pine! The Giant Redwood tree! The Sequoia! The Little Whopping Rule Tree! We'd sing! Sing! Sing!"

It's certainly not a job for the faint hearted. My bother in law is a tree surgeon I always call him a lumberjack which he's not keen on especially when I (try) sing him the lumberjack song. 

Yes,  Monty Python was very much in my mind as I took the shots!

2 hours ago, FUJI said:

Great captures David........Our youngest son is a Tree Surgeon too.....only the other day he got called out in he own time to rescue a cat from thirty feet up in a tree.....bu most of his working days are spent up high amid the noise of chainsaws and shredder, reeking of petrol and tree sap....he loves the life, but is edging 50 yrs old now.

FUJI

Thank you Cyril!