Ryewolf

The 580 Gallon Tea Making Machine

... though it does seem a bit over the top just to make a cup of tea...... also how do you make tea damper?????

580-gallon-tea-making-machine-7869.jpg

• Like 4

Fascinating!
I'm glad you left it in colour - a monochrome version would be "Fifty Shades of Earl Grey"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Hatter said:

I'm glad you left it in colour 

Thanks Gareth, I almost did a mono version, but felt that it needed to be in colour. I liked the way the whole arrangement looked like it was just used to make tea...

For the trainspotters amongst you it's 0-6-0T 32 Gothenburg, built in 1903 by Hudswell Clarke for the Manchester Ship Canal Railway

2 minutes ago, Ryewolf said:

I liked the way the whole arrangement looked like it was just used to make tea...

You mean it wasn't?  I'm disappointed now!

• Haha 1

The damper as you well know is a mechanical way  of depressing something ... ...   :lol:

Now I'm really fed up !!:37_disappointed:

• Haha 2

Definitely has to be in colour though .. a great observation too ..

• Like 1

Thanks Clicker, I just loved the way all the pipes and guages, levers and glass chambers lead to those two pots for making tea.... I have to say 580 gallons is a lot of tea, not even I drink that much tea in one day....

Damp can also mean slightly wet, so damper could mean even more wetter than just damp. I imagine if the dampener was all the way up the tea would come out as something like a vaping mist... or tea mist....

Ignore me I have weird ideas......

• Haha 2

Nicely seen and taken. I imagine that damper water is needed is to compensate for any drying out of the water caused by dunking biscuits.

• Haha 1

Really well seen, Rye - it made me chuckle.

I think that apart from the fact that it's humorous, it makes for a strong image as well.

Korky

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Monomania said:

I imagine that damper water is needed is to compensate for any drying out of the water caused by dunking biscuits

Excellent Monomania, I just spat wine all over my monitor...

12 hours ago, Korky said:

I think that apart from the fact that it's humorous, it makes for a strong image as well.

Thanks Korky.