Clicker

Fiddling again ... ..

Going through some very old pics I have found some that   that should never have made it as far as my hard drive .... but .....time always seemed to prevent me editing them all in the weeks that followed and eventually they just got filed away in a really big pending edit folder. With my enforced captivity I am utilising some of the time to bin these photos  but I first try to see if there is anything I can retrieve from them ...  Here is one .. I just hadn't checked the settings and  the lane into my place was just a very blurry sun and mist   so before I  binned it I had a fiddle.... Honestly. this is better than it was !!!:lol:

... morning mist  on my lane ed1s.jpg

• Like 4

I actually like this a lot Clicker, one of the reasons I never bin or delete any image I take is for this very reason.

I went through a period a good few years ago though where I used to forget to take the  settings  back to single shots  after trying to catch birds in flight  or dragonflies  and  every time I started up the camera I  would finish up with a dozen pics   all the same so I do have to delete  some!

I tend to keep my camera on AI Servo AF mode and continuous shooting, you don't get the autofocus beep to let you know when it's in focus, the only thing I sometimes forget to change in the focus zone to a single point. If I'm photographing a moving train I will use a zone of focus points, but for birds/bugs I want a single point. My Canon 800D as 45 focus points which can be selected as zones, groups of 9 or individually whereas my 100D has only 9 which you can select all or just one. After a while you get used to using continuous so you don't end up with loads of the same shots. Most of the time though I find even taking 4-8 shots continuously there will always be one or tow shots that are better than others.

Now that one REALLY twangs my braces - beautifully abstract and with great colour.

It's surprising how potential is often spotted in images that have previously been ignored.

Korky

• Thanks 1

I really like the soft abstraction of this landscape. Lovely colours too. 

• Thanks 1