Clicker

Nature's abstracts ...plus an Abstract Fest !

The more I look and touch wood the more I am in awe of it's fantastic properties .... from being the vehicle for carrying the leaves that are the lungs of our planet   to being able to be  hewn, carved , whittled and turned  into anything imaginable  either for practical use, to live in,  to  burn as fuel, to make paper  and to become  abstract art without even being touched ... The trunk of a tree in an ancient wood near me ....

I  keep lots of images of wood from trees as useful images to use as texture overlays  ....

natures abstracts ed1s.jpg

• Like 3

I would have been tempted to do this as a mono.....

I tried it  but as a stand alone ( not for texturising ) it lost a lot  of it's character for me and became a bit one dimensional .. It looked like marbling on one of my versions...

Works for me just as it is - makes me wish I could reach out and feel all that gorgeous texture and history.

Mind if I add one of mine to this thread? It might turn into an Abstract and Texture Fest 2019!

Korky

Well I have another two taken on the same tree I can add so feel free Korks ..... love to see whatever you have.. A Texture Fest ... I like that ...sounds a bit like a horsehair shirt at first glance ... 🤣

OK - Here's one I shot in Cyprus last November. It's just an image of peeling paint, but I was taken with how the weather had made it peel into such fantastic shapes revealing  the text underneath.

Anyone else got a shot for Abstract & Texture Fest 2019?

Korky

Peeling.jpg

• Like 2

Ooooh lot of curly bits . Looks like a poster  as well as the paint peeling ... ,it’s a bit like the bark on the silver birches in my garden ... yer just want to pull pieces off ... a very satisfying pastime.... Yeah ..any more anyone? i’ll Have to go on my iMac to find the other s to match mine ... back later after I have finished the chores ...well writing out the list for t’other ‘alf... 

Korky will know this, the statute in the Evaders Garden at Astley Hall - or just a small part of the arm, taken today.

abstract-texture-8240.jpg

• Like 3

A clever use of “layers “ maybe....?

I love wood textures - I'll sort through some tomorrow and see what I can find.

Not really an abstract, but some superb texture in this monastery door photographed in Cyprus.

The Fest lives on!

Korky

The Door.jpg