Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

FIDDLING FOR THE SAKE OF IT ...

Now I like things twiddled like that it has a subtle pencil sketch quality to it.  I enjoy doing the same from time to time. I always wanted to draw but am rubbish so to be able to turn photos into drawings is the next best thing.

I have done a couple of similar edits to photos I have taken. and have a couple of small ones framed as I like the effect. This is particularly good Clicks!

It is a very good....Fiddle.....Polly.....

I recall that you did the same with a portrait you shot of me, during our TIPF jaunt to Stratford-Upon-Avon....it now graces the back cover of my self-published Photo-Book.

FUJI

The original was a nothing photo  just to record  an area  at Aberaeron  just South of  Aberystwyth... As you can see, the edited version is heavily cropped and I used the Nik  collection Colour efex pro 4  filter set using the detail extraction  filter with a flat detailed preset .Then I used the HDR efex pro2 filter to lift the shadows and show even more details .. I then overlaid it all with a texture layer I had  saved from a photo I had taken of a rendered house wall some years ago for my texture library . Finally i used the bleach bypass filter on the  efex pro  4  filter( adding extra detail ) set in Nik efex  . I did have a little bit of colour left  in one version   then I decided to  take all of it out ....  here is the original  photo ... unadulterated and  a bit dull to be honest ...

DSCF0037 ed2s.jpg

Great result, Polly. The cropped and bleached version has potential also.

Thanks for sharing your processing. I’ve never used Nik filters. Are they free to download? 

Have you thought any more about the digital processing workshop idea where members all try processing the same image file and share how how they did it? 

Thanks Mono and Hatter ... appreciate   that .. Your comments are  too Fuji Denis, Simon  Dee and John .. Sorry I missed those  when using my phone to view ..  iPhone  5s Screen is so small innit  for this forum ...lol

Hi Cheryl ...thanks for your feedback too ... The Nik collection was free to download when I got it about 3 years ago ... I'm not sure what the position is now .. I think Rye downloaded it  fairly recently  so he would know .. I'm sure it was owned by Google when I  got it  but it's  changed  ownership since then .  

regarding the workshop ... I  am still keen to start that   but I haven't had a great deal of feedback as it was on an unrelated thread that I  brought the subject up ...Maybe if I do a dedicated thread to i,t asking  if  other members feel that it's worth a try.. I'll do that over this bank holiday weekend and see what the response is ... 

Archived