Taken from the platform at Horton-in-Ribblesdale waiting for a steam special.

Pen-Y-Ghent_1.jpg.274578f5b42da966f25deb465deeddf7.jpg

• Like 2

Nice... I like the elevated viewpoint & how the rooftops sit in the corner to add foreground interest.

Yes, I'm with Hatter -  beautifully composed piece of work.

That's gorgeous John ...  I love the dappled light on the hills from the clouds ...and  a  very strong composition with the chimney pots strangely adding urban  to a landscape ... . 

If you can see that from the platform it begs the question  ...why   you would want to get ON a train ...;)

10 hours ago, Clicker said:

That's gorgeous John ...  I love the dappled light on the hills from the clouds ...and  a  very strong composition with the chimney pots strangely adding urban  to a landscape ... . 

If you can see that from the platform it begs the question  ...why   you would want to get ON a train ...;)

To have a view of Ingleborough I think.😊

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, chorleyjeff said:

To have a view of Ingleborough I think.😊

Silly me ... of course ....😉

Or was waiting for a steam train to pass on the Settle to Carlise railway....

Thanks all for the comments.  They always say look behind you and you will see something different and that was the case here - that and the train was late.

• Like 1

Well, you certainly made good use of your time if the train was late John -  lovely picture, and we don't get to see many chimneys pots like that here either!

Thanks Kobione.  Using the chimneys was an idea prompted by the images you sometimes see of East Lancs town scenes where a street, usually cobbled and down hill, has been photographed with a long lens to foreshorten the perspective.

• Like 1