Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A walk to Wolfhall Crag

Went for a walk yesterday. Bad choice of day because lots of haze and had to leave by 5pm, Not good for distance shots. Had unexpected good distant views of Ingleborough but it was just a smudge on the horizon.

Remote location. Only people around all afternoon were some grumpy sour faced RSPB men.

10 hours ago, chorleyjeff said:

.................................................................. Only people around all afternoon were some grumpy sour faced RSPB men.

Should have photographed one of them for local colour.    Like to see the shot if you can post it.  A bit of recession does no harm.

1 hour ago, johntwo said:

Should have photographed one of them for local colour.  

I tried to upload 3 photos which I thought I had reduced in size to be within limits but I failed.

I'll try again using Dropbox. Maybe need to post them separately.

Anyhow probably not today because I'm off to the dark side ( Hebden Bridge and Kirkburton ) on family duty in an hour or so.

Jeff

PS  yes there was lots of recession. Need to go back on a cold clear day with snow  on Ingleborough.

Try  posting one imge  per consecutive post on here  just out of interest to see if they load up in the next three posts on this thread Jeff . This has happened a few times before   and we have struggled to establish quite why ..It appears that sometimes the Forum software  increases the size of the uploaded image. Rye   has tried to fathom out  why .... unfortunately  he has limited  internet access for  the next week so may not be able to shed  any  more light  on this till he returns .. As I said   you'll probably find that uploading the three  separate photos on three consecutive posts will work  for the time being ...

And another

11 hours ago, Clicker said:

Try  posting one imge  per consecutive post on here  just out of interest to see if they load up in the next three posts on this thread Jeff . This has happened a few times before   and we have struggled to establish quite why ..It appears that sometimes the Forum software  increases the size of the uploaded image. Rye   has tried to fathom out  why .... unfortunately  he has limited  internet access for  the next week so may not be able to shed  any  more light  on this till he returns .. As I said   you'll probably find that uploading the three  separate photos on three consecutive posts will work  for the time being ...

Loaded one image OK but when I tried another got the message about 4MB limit.

In the future I'll use the one shot workaround. 

Thanks for advice.

Jeff

3 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

I must admit I'd never heard of wolfhole crag before, but a bit of Googling found it for me. It looks very bleak and remote up there Jeff.

Remote high moorland  with some rock outcrops. Wards Stone, with easier access , along the same ridge is more photogenic with more large rocks and views over Morecambe Bay on the way up and Ingleborough to the East. If you want some time away from people that is the place except when shooters are doing their thing.

Archived