Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

For users of Older Versions of Photoshop - Adobe Warning

It's as though Adobe actually want to return to the days when most PS users had a pirated version.

How the hell can they sell you a piece of software and then decide it's not licensed and tell you it's illegal to use it?

Shame on Adobe for attempting to cr*p on customers from such a great height.

Korky

So many licences have to be signed / agreed to following pages and pages of legalese jargon in the terms and conditions  that most of us don’t  even bother reading them  ..   I use the 2019 version on subscription    Presumably that is still ok ... ???

I still use a veritable ancient copy of CS6 from a legally purchased disc ........likewise my copy of Efex is almost as old...I’m not sure for how much longer they will be viable.

I have never paid ADOBE subscriptions and never will.....

This is why I recently purchased and am learning to use , bang up-to-date apps on my iPad-pro.....

I can download then process almost any RAW file....using jointly....PIXELMATOR PHOTO. .... and...PIXELMATOR.....they have layers, brushes....healing tools and much more....the relearning, for me, is proving the hardest part, but I am getting there.

Here is a sample, worked on just the other day...

Original Photo....then...my mono take, in the...Film-Noir.....style.......as you can see, the apps work beautifully....all of my chosen  effects can be targeted to specific areas,,at levels chosen.

FUJI

8C09F5E9-2BA3-4740-BF3E-53DC24D59336.jpeg

9D0C2E60-CCF1-4945-B687-E747637C3449.jpeg

Actually I suspect  Adobe are just not very good at communicating the reasons for this ... 

It looks like the earlier releases contained software which was licensed to Adobe  from  a third party for use with their products.

That licensing arrangement may well have finished and, therefore, those software components are no longer permitted to be used by Adobe. I think they are maybe being threatened with litigation  as they  no longer have  these licenses from third parties maybe  because they don't need that software anymore .  I may be wrong   but it's a thought ......

From What I read, your right Polly.  Adobe's licence seems to have contained a sub licence element which of course dies if their principal licence expires.  The problem they have is that the sold their older products on the premise of a "Perpetual" licence.  I wonder if anyone will take the trouble to pursue them on that basis.

Hmmm   deep pockets  needed  to go down that road John.. Maybe if all the millions of photoshoppers formed an action group one might stand a chance ... ironic  that  this may be happening  because Adobe  are  not wanting to pay  a third party for licenses for software  they  included in applications  sold to people   on the understanding most of us had  that we had the right to use them    " always " as it were .  Fooj   i think it matters not that you paid  for the version ... I  have done the same  for all my versions and updates. but  it seems to me that only the 2019 version  is safe from being  litigated against ... apparently .... it may just be a Adobe calling our bluff to stop using older versions ...I have  2015  20 18 versions still  plus a version  of Elements  from 2011..... 

This is from Victoria Bampton's Lightroom Newsletter today:

Adobe is not threatening to sue its customers

Adobe's lawyers sent out a scary sounding email to some customers last week warning them to upgrade their "unauthorized" software or risk legal problems, and that's also been broadcast by various websites. Adobe undoubtedly needs a lesson in writing friendly emails, but it's not as scary as they made it sound.

You may have gathered from the press that Adobe is involved in a legal dispute with another company. There is a slim chance that people continuing to use the old "unauthorized" software could be legally pursued by that third-party, so in order to protect themselves and their customers, Adobe is recommending that subscribers upgrade to the latest versions.

For a start, this issue does not affect perpetual/standalone licenses. Adobe has recently tidied up its website, but Lightroom 6.14 is still available for download and if you can't find your disc/download for older versions, they're still available from customer services.

Most subscribers are not affected either. If you're a subscriber and you're using Lightroom Classic or the new cloud-based Lightroom, you don't need to do anything.

If you're a subscriber and you're still using Lightroom CC 2015, just uninstall it and install Lightroom Classic. You get all the new features that way too!

If you're on a really old operating system that can't run Lightroom Classic, then it's time to consider upgrading your operating system, because you're paying for new features that you can't use! But in the meantime, if you want to stay 100% safe, uninstall Lightroom CC 2015 and reinstall it from the CC app. It's listed as 6.0 under Manage > Other Versions.

• Like 1