Denis

deHavilland dH89 Dominie

One of the classic small airliners that deHavilland built during the 1930s was the dH89, I had the great luck to fly in one of these a few times when working as a volunteer at the Duxford museum many years ago. I have given it a tickle in Topaz to give it a vintage look. Photographed last Sunday when this example was landing at Duxford airfield in Cambridgeshire.

Dominie.jpeg

• Like 2

That brings back memories Denis.  When I moved to Blackpool in 19 blankety blank, These were still taking holiday makers for a trip around Blackpool Tower.  Very nice image and I really like the treatment.

• Thanks 1

The vintage treatment certainly works Denis....I like that too ....  its a long while since I visited Duxford...

I spent 178  hours in 2006 restoring a  photo  of a whole squadron of Airman with  a Lancaster bomber from 1942 that was found rolled up in an attic by a chap whose father was one of the men in the picture . When he unrolled the photo it caused hundreds of cracks  on virtually every man in the picture .  A copy of it was donated to Duxford museum and it went on  display together with a copy of the original.  I believe Bomber Harris was in the centre of squadron of men ... it’s probably gathering dust now in  a cupboard but I was very proud  of it ... 

• Like 1

A great shot Denis and a nice tickle in Topaz.

• Like 1

A great shot - the Topaz processing has really given it a lift.

Korky

• Thanks 1