Ryewolf

Evening Light - Rochdale Canal

From Sunday at Hebden Bridge.

hebden-bridge-7365.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, I really like that Rye!

That view from the bridge is superb, I took one from there when I came up last year, but nowhere as stunning as this. the evening time is king where the light is concerned, that and the really good processing mate..well done :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Denis said:

the evening time is king where the light is concerned

Thanks Denis, yes, it's a good time to photograph most things - that and early mornings. This was taken at about 8pm so the sun hadn't dropped below the hills around Hebden, with it being earlier in the year the trees still had some of their spring colours..

That’s a really stunning photo Rye   That light that is the sky, reflected in the water in the  mid-ground  really lifts  the whole image. It’s not always easy  to get a landscape composed so well in a portrait format ...nice work Rye ..

• Like 1

Thanks Clicker, one advantage of photographing your local area is being able to try it time and again. I can't remember how many times I've photographed this same scene over the years, but this was the best light I've had so far.

Excellent! That magical evening light is just superb - it gives a peaceful feel that's just fantastic.

Korky