On Monday.....I spent a happy couple of hours enjoying the atmosphere of a Medieval re-enactment event in our next- door Kenilworth Castle.

FUJI

TABLET_LOOM_3__colour.jpg

PIPER 1 colour with vignette.jpg

HOODED close up  1 colour.jpg

• Like 3

Three good shots, Fuji.  I love photographing events like this.

Yes, me too. Alas I missed the War of the Roses re-enactment at Hoghton Tower this year.

I was the....Official...Tudor Toy Maker ....for English Heritage, in Kenilworth Castle for over five years....I still have my full Tudor costume...Ruff and all..... I was a Victorian Toy Maker at many other venues countrywide.....plus teaching and demonstrating in all kinds of schools with thousands of pupils over 12 years at least.

Happy Day’s......But darned hard work.....

FUJI

Nice Fuji, all three!

Lovely set, Fuj.  👍

I will have to keep my eye open for events, as I really need to get back into the swing of things.

Edited by NannyFerret

I thought you might like to see what I sometimes do with selected images...

Here I demonstrate just how I work....

in Photography mode I take the original, then might convert to mono, then use either CS6 or my iPad-pro PIXELMATOR editing app to produce a result like my second shot here.....I converted to mono....adjusted the tones and textures, then used the very clever...Focus - adjustment tool to emphasise the face.

or......if in Artistic mode I might use figure from a shoot in one of my paintings....as with the lady weaving ....in my last two examples....same lady, in a completely different context, doing something different too.

yes ! I am currently studying the techniques of creating light effects in the manner of J Vermeer ....in my case, that room is imagined ....the kind of thing ai used to do as a Scenic Artist.

Vermeer used Oils, I use Watercolour, so the effect is similar but the method totally different.

please note the painting is still being worked upon....it is almost finished.

Should you own an iPad, or an iPad -Pro I can recommend PIXELMATOR it is really easy to use, and very effective.

FUJI 

DD5AF523-2460-4E71-9527-5CC132634407.jpeg

9E934E85-A6F0-49C8-B266-0C67C6DB3591.jpeg

12324EB6-5773-43AB-932E-D79F97366B09.jpeg

C1E62FD1-360E-45FC-96C8-C076221C36D2.jpeg

• Like 1