Stravinsky

Experimentation - after the storm

I know many will dislike this, but it's nice to experiment some times 

We wanted to go to Abel Tasman Park in NZ as it was supposed to be a beautiful area.  However when we got there early in the morning the weather had been bad and the mountains were shrouded in cloud.  This was taken from quite high up, when we drove part hours later again, there was a deep valley there running right out to sea

stormy432A0290website.jpg

• Like 4

That quite an interesting image, at first glance it looks like you've stuck two images together....

• Thanks 1

Love it! This is really interesting! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

at first glance it looks like you've stuck two images together....

Before reading that, I was thinking that it could be cropped into two separate images!

4 hours ago, Stravinsky said:

I know many will dislike this

Perhaps, but I'm not one of them.  Nice image, Jon!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

That quite an interesting image, at first glance it looks like you've stuck two images together....

Thanks all - No, only one image .... although part of it has been cloned as you can probably tell if you look carefully.  There was no tree line on the left so I did that to balance it up. Looking at it now I probably should have turned the tree line into a complete silhouette rather than show any detail.  I added a few coloured filters

I very rarely process shots as much as this these days, trying to get as natural as possible, but it is clear that you can get some really interesting effects.  The original image was nice, but personally I prefer this now 🙂

• Like 1