Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This is a heavy crop and not great quality but I thought the story was worth an upload. it was only when I looked at the photo on the computer that I noticed a young roo caught in the fence while the others appear to be looking on. 

StuckInFence Sml.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

What do you do in those situations, is it possible to disentangle them or are the kicks too dangerous?

Share this post


Link to post

Awww, poor thing I hope it was able to escape or someone helped it out.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, JamesT said:

What do you do in those situations, is it possible to disentangle them or are the kicks too dangerous?

Well I guess given it’s a young roo, it would be possible to disentangle it though I’d be worried about being attacked by another one. There was a big buck there also (not shown in this shot) who would be a danger. I expect the young kangaroo would die. 

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, CMunzel said:

I expect the young kangaroo would die.

Aww, that seems a bit sad. Over here people would call the RSPCA or possibly the Fire Brigade or Police, there was recently a case of Swans and their cygnets that were wandering  about on one of the Motorways (your Freeways), I'm guessing the distances would make such things a bit more difficult in Australia.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ryewolf said:

Aww, that seems a bit sad. Over here people would call the RSPCA or possibly the Fire Brigade or Police, there was recently a case of Swans and their cygnets that were wandering  about on one of the Motorways (your Freeways), I'm guessing the distances would make such things a bit more difficult in Australia.

It is sad. Whether someone would call someone to help here would depend where and who. In a city, someone might call the RSPCA though I don’t think they respond to situations like this. There are voluntary organisations like Wildlife Rescue that care for injured animals though I think you’d need to deliver the animal to them. This roo was on private land so not sure. 

Share this post


Link to post

Possibly the RSPCA and Fire Brigade will help more in the UK because the distance is less. A few days ago Cambridgeshire Police captured a swan that was wandering along a busy road and a few days before that they captured an escaped Corn Snake....

Not sure if you can view this link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-48148651

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

Possibly the RSPCA and Fire Brigade will help more in the UK because the distance is less. A few days ago Cambridgeshire Police captured a swan that was wandering along a busy road and a few days before that they captured an escaped Corn Snake....

Not sure if you can view this link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-48148651

That’s a good news story. 

Share this post


Link to post

Just for general info for those who have viewed this, we have had three young ones who got caught in our fences. We managed to free two of them with minimal injury, but one got caught when we were away for two nights and I only found it by noticing a hawk and crows swooping on the body - long gone! It is not nice to see them caught up like this and it is usually young ones who didn't get full clearance of the fence. The ones we saved were a 'bit aggro' with us, growling and threshing around but we managed to cut the wire and release them and both took of quickly, which is a nice sign.

Not a nice situation Cheryl, but as you said private property and probably a dominant male of the group nearby, so nothing you could do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...