Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Blue Harbour

9 minutes ago, Hatter said:

Superb light.  I'd be interested to see the original.

This is the original converted RAW file, I didn't have my  Canon with me so this was shot on a little Panasonic DMC-FX150 that I bought about 12 years ago  ad keep in a pouch on my belt all the time,  Its a great little camera if you don't want to carry  the full works and great for street photography?

P1060023.jpg

5 minutes ago, Denis said:

Never had photoshop, and wouldn't have a clue how to use it either :) but this is brilliant adaption of an image into something you want it to be.Very clever.

Thanks Denis, I shoot in RAW all the time, so need to convert them, and I find PS works for me and allows a level processing that takes some beating, and at under £10 per month, including other photo editing programs I feel is good value, although I now people use a number of different programmes the only other one  would use and is very close to PS is a British system called Infinity and at under £50 is brilliant value for money.

I love what Photoshop can enable one  to  do with images .... iI have been a devotee. Since  the very beginning ..... it’s good to show the before and after to show just what can be done ...    I am thinking of starting a section on the forum where anyone  that is interested can edit a given photo in any ways  they choose to show just what can be done with post processing ...    A kind of Post Processing Workshop ....   

Nice work  Geoff ... imaginative processing .. ?

1 hour ago, Clicker said:

I love what Photoshop can enable one  to  do with images .... iI have been a devotee. Since  the very beginning ..... it’s good to show the before and after to show just what can be done ...    I am thinking of starting a section on the forum where anyone  that is interested can edit a given photo in any ways  they choose to show just what can be done with post processing ...    A kind of Post Processing Workshop ....   

Nice work  Geoff ... imaginative processing ..

Thanks Click, I do like the idea of the editing section, I often look at pictures and think what could be done with them , also it may encourage no usrs to have a go?

Geoff

A number of members have shown an interest in this Geofff...  I will endeavour to get something sorted  out over the next two weeks to give  this a  6 month trial and see if people are interested enough  to participate ....  I will notify everyone when I have  something  ready and a system for the process to work .. Thanks for the input Geoff and for supporting the idea ... 

I am interested... but not to the point of paying out a tenner a month just to edit my meager snaps :) I had a program called Gimp once, but to be honest I just did not understand the terminology used.. like Gaussian blur? what the hell is that?? I looked it up and found this: Specifically, a Gaussian kernel (used for Gaussian blur) is a square array of ... Each pixel in the image gets multiplied by the Gaussian kernel. 

And that is when it went into the delete bin. my poor old lorry driving brain cant cope with learning that sort of stuff, I still struggle to get the best out of Lightroom, tried using lots of online tutorials but find them a bit tedious I'm afraid. Maybe when i finally retire I will get some time to learn.

9 hours ago, Kobione said:

Agree that the pp is brilliant for this scene Geoff, you have certainly added a sense of drama to it, well done.

Thanks a lot Kobione, I do love Photoshop, it the nearest thing to the feel of producing a picture in the good old days of the dark room, with its dodging,  burning and overlays??

Geoff

Archived