Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Withered and Died...

Korky

I was quite taken with the images accompanied with words posted by John and Rye over the last few days, so I thought I'd add one of my own.

Some months ago I was editing an image and I had lyrics from one of my favourite songwriters - Richard Thompson - whizzing around in my head and the words and the image just sort of gelled together in a loose sort of way. A spot of serendipity that's led to a short series of images. Here's #4.

------------

This cruel country has driven me down

Teased me and lied, teased me and lied

Now I've only sad stories to tell to this town 

My dreams have withered and died

Withered and Died #4

Withered and Died #4.jpg

Words apart, the treatment of this raises a fairly ordinary subject, up.  With the word, that has produced something special. I also like the background.   Is that lens bokeh or PP?  It's rather nice.

Oooh ... and oooh again ... the light is almost frost like... in fact it may be frost... whatever it is  ...the result is fabulous ..  I just love it seeing something made out of the most obscure and mundane of objects ..  the onion ring bokeh looks real to me ...  As you say Rye ... words images and music are all media on a single ? palette.  Top  twanging  M’lud... 

Thanks, chums, appreciated as always.

The plant was photographed during the scorching hot Summer of 2018 - it was seriously wilted.

John - The bokeh is from the camera, but it's had a light texture added to make it fizz a little.

Thanks Denis & Dee, much appreciated.

A senior moment when I said this image was taken last Summer, it was actually taken on a walk in Madeira a few weeks ago. Shows how good my library system is! ?

Korky

Archived