Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Completely Lost

johntwo

Just for a change.                                                                                             

Lost

Have you ever had that feeling?
That you are completely lost.
Your mind and senses reeling,
As in a dark foreboding frost.
Nothing but nothing is as it seems,
Words like phantoms come and go.
It is as if all the bizarre dreams,
Have turned your brain to snow.

“Completely Lost”  Bernard Shaw.

534645717_LostinThoughtandTime.jpg.546e09bd53c7e4b2bfabf3effc4e58cc.jpg

Not sure what the problem is Polly.  Everything is at the default settings.  Just switched to the Blue Theme and I can't see a problem.  Quite like the Blue Theme BTW.  Didn't know it existed.

How odd ... its fine now ... it was on my ipad and so  dark I couldn't read it ... It's ok now ...  very odd ... Anyway it's fine  now .. I have always  used the blue theme John....the white one hurts my eyes so much I have to  turn the brightness down so much that the images get spoiled... .

The initial " Just For a change " is still in the darker colour I notice ...it was all like that before   ...weird . 

Now ....to the image ... Oh  I do like that ...  it is so evocative, especially  alongside the poem  .... it reminds me a bit of the  views from the WALL  in Game Of Thrones...sort of an epic feel  and the feeling really is of a blizzard and snow ....when it's the sea isn't it ?   What I would love to see is the original ... to show just how different  an image can become with creative editing ....In fact I wondered if we could have  a thread/ forum where instead of the weekly competition (which is struggling a bit after so many years ) we could have a high res photo of .almost anything  posted with  the view to everyone  trying to edit it / process it , add to it   to produce something from it   that  still has the basis of the original but  could be almost anything else that has been inspired by  it ...  It  may  feed the more unusual creative juices  lurking within us .......or not ....

Sussed it Polly.  I copied the poetry from a word file and when I highlighted the text on the forum to check it, it must have reverted to the forum default.  I didn't check the opening sentence.

Aha ...I feel better about it now .... thought I was losing my marbles completely:fpc: lol 

Thanks for clearing that up ... Are you still using the Blue theme ... I really like it and just can't  get on with the white one .. strange innit ?

Yes, I have quite taken to the Blue Theme.  You're right is cuts down on the glare and actually shows off colour much more.  As asked for, the original image is below.  It was taken on the beach in Robin Hoods bay with a sea mist just beginning to clear.

124679921_RobinHoodsBay.jpg.cd5155c5da7e69c62c6829e3448fb7d7.jpg

Well .... just proves my point ...you can change the whole atmosphere of an  image  and  using poetic and dramatic licence  produce something  with much more impact ... Nicely done  John ... my cup of tea..

I enjoy this, John: the changes you’ve made to the original image and the reference to the poem. They compliment each other perfectly. 

It got me thinking about the long relationship between writing and images to communicate in books, posters, greeting cards etc. Historically artists have used processes like etching on copper, carving wood and more recently photographs digitally enhanced to illustrate ideas in writing. I guess this type of work will not suit everybody but I really appreciate it. 

Polly, I like your idea of a new challenge that encourages us to take a particular photo and modify it. It encourages the development of post processing skills and sounds like fun.  

Well it's idea I  have had for a while  but as you said , not something everyone would be interested in ... Not necessarily a competition but more a workshop to last a fortnight  or 3 weeks... where a photo is posted by  one of us ...either a list of who wants to submit pics ...and then see what people can  make of it with their own interpretation etc ... ...Post the ideas over a few weeks and discuss how we have achieved the effects ... We could  give it a try ... anyone else care to comment  if John doesn't mind ...We can start a whole new  post on it if it has legs....

23 hours ago, Clicker said:

more a workshop to last a fortnight  or 3 weeks... where a photo is posted by  one of us ...either a list of who wants to submit pics ...and then see what people can  make of it with their own interpretation etc ... ...Post the ideas over a few weeks and discuss how we have achieved the effects

This sounds like a good idea, a 'Show Us Your Take' on an image. I think you'd need a large version of the image to be able to work on, maybe not a RAW file but perhaps the SOOC jpg

Yeah .. a virgin unadulterated image, straight out of camera, in the highest resolution and dimensions possible to post  and then process it any way one sees fit to get the most out of it  or part of it ... A“What can you make of this ?”  exercise. .  

Archived