Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Playing with settings

Do you feel happier with that  then  Mike ...It does take a bit of time finding your way around a new camera ...I 'm still doing that 7 months down the line   but I'm really a novice at  capturing  birds in flight ...  They look pretty good to me ... All white coloured   fowl, especially swans, present all sorts of problems to me in getting exposures  right and not  getting blown whites etc  The  details you have achieved on this one  look   good to me ...  But as you seem  have much more experience  in covering this genre of  photography,  your expectations   may well be  a lot higher than mine would be for me ... I would be  very pleased to have  taken both these ....

4 minutes ago, Clicker said:

Do you feel happier with that  then  Mike ...It does take a bit of tie finding your way around a new camera ...I 'm still doing that 7 months down the line   but I'm really a novice at  capturing  birds in flight ...  They look pretty good to me ... All white coloured   fowl, especially swans, present all sorts of problems to me in getting exposures  right and not  getting blown whites etc  The  details you have achieved on this one  look   good to me ...  But as you seem  have much more experience  in covering this genre of  photography,  your expectations   may well be  a lot higher than mine would be for me ... I would be  very pleased to have  taken both these ....

Thanks, yes i guess happier but not right yet too many misses, i never actually take into consideration hit rate as a percentage but sort of have an idea what ime after.

The focus settings combination for this camera are many and they are what i am struggling with, i do sometimes have problems with whites but not often as i use spot metering and am happy with the dark backgrounds

I have similar problems in choosing the  focus options available  on the XT 3  when it come  to moving  objects  , trying to decide  which category the type of  movement fits in to ... ...  Trial and error and lots of practise  seems to me  , as in life ,  the only way to gain experience ....:happy: that...  plus .. :rtfm: reading the   instructions eh ..:91_thumbsup:

Archived