Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Sandsend beach November

chorleyjeff

I like this, the letterbox format works well for the scene. I did wonder is a mono conversion might work but after trying a few they actually lost the coldness of November by the beach. I've been to Whitby a few times but never been to this beach before....

One of my favourite places Jeff.  We  have stayed in the thatched cottage just before the bridge as you arrive from Whitby.  Nice  image  as well.  I think you might increase the feeling of space if you crop to take out the  bottom row of posts leaving you with just the two posts on the RHS as a stopper.  Sounds counter intuitive but .......................

201181427.thumb.jpg.2ef30e3adefc553a61d66a5aea0a47e9.jpg.1f5c49d0acbf17424b99a9718659ba16.jpg

You certainly have captured the  bleak, cold  elements in this Jeff...  like John says , I rather like the right hand side posts  for the same reason... it adds to the balance for me ...   but I also understand the inclusion of the foreground...maybe reducing the sandy area below by just  half to  give a just a bit of a base line ....   all suggestions that might work, however I am happy with the original ...   ticks the boxes for me Jeff. 

15 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

I like this, the letterbox format works well for the scene. I did wonder is a mono conversion might work but after trying a few they actually lost the coldness of November by the beach. I've been to Whitby a few times but never been to this beach before....

Thanks for trying.

The beach extends North from Whitby for two or three miles to the village of Sandsend.  There are lots and lots of  pictures of the groynes at Sandsend often with Whitby in the background. I have quite a few !

Jeff

6 hours ago, Monomania said:

Very attractive image. I agree that colour works better than mono. My eye gets drawn to the three stumps on the right - but that's just me being picky.

Thanks for comment.

I see your point. I wondered whether to crop the right side including those three stumps but kept them in for no good reason. I agree with comments elsewhere about the need to keep the row of stumps the foreground. Maybe get rid of the right hand side and row at the bottom to make a more simple composition that would match the title better.

Jeff

5 hours ago, johntwo said:

One of my favourite places Jeff.  We  have stayed in the thatched cottage just before the bridge as you arrive from Whitby.  Nice  image  as well.  I think you might increase the feeling of space if you crop to take out the  bottom row of posts leaving you with just the two posts on the RHS as a stopper.  Sounds counter intuitive but .......................

201181427.thumb.jpg.2ef30e3adefc553a61d66a5aea0a47e9.jpg.1f5c49d0acbf17424b99a9718659ba16.jpg

We have a week each year in one of the Mulgrave Estate cottages near the beck around the headland. Wrap up well and the cliffs and beaches are fantastic for me.

I see your point of your crop with the dog looking at he two posts. Pity there were not three.  This and other comments remind me to look more carefully before posting.

Jeff

Ohh I dont really  think there is  much to criticise at all Jeff. I was happy with the original  ..personally the groynes on the right   helped in taking the eyes in a circular movement   back to the  figures on the shore. Without them ( removed  below ) I'm not sure   the right handside  of the image  is as quite as  interesting  .... .. though  now I can see the  gulls  more on the big screen  maybe  the balance is  ok  without them .    I still like the original  the most  though ... I think  ;)

201181427.jpg.5010536e625921e92e8ee8e1e7d8bb00 ed1s.jpg

Archived