Stravinsky

Milford Sound, New Zealand

You cant do it justice with a photograph

The wettest place in New Zealand ..... 9 meters of rain a year.  Despite the clouds, it was a dry day when we went 

milfordsound432A0799website.jpg

That does look wet I thought ,even before reading the text ...Some beautiful scenery  ... i may have been inclined to try it  with  just  an inch off the bottom in this portrait format  but  you've  got very nice detail in that sky...  Stunning  vista  Strav...were you aboard a boat   when you took this...iooks like you were...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Clicker said:

That does look wet I thought ,even before reading the text ...Some beautiful scenery  ... i may have been inclined to try it  with  just  an inch off the bottom in this portrait format  but  you've  got very nice detail in that sky...  Stunning  vista  Strav...were you aboard a boat   when you took this...iooks like you were...

Yes, we steamed down the sound to the ocean and back.  I agree about the crop, I have a bit of an issue sometimes as I have to keep some of them constrained, as they go up on a site for sale and have to be a specific size.  I'm not sure this will sell though, so I may well make that change 🙂 

Beautiful scenery, it reminds me of the fjords

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

Beautiful scenery, it reminds me of the fjords

Milford Sound actually is a Fjord, despite the name "sound" 

On 09/04/2019 at 17:43, Clicker said:

Just goes to show how views differ - I cropped the image on a FB group, and people asked why the foreground had disappeared 😀

milfordsoundcrop432A0799website.jpg