Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Good to see you posting again, Jeff.
That's a nicely composed image with lots of strong leading lines.  I like the how the contrast on the trees lowers as the view recedes into the distance due to the snow in the air.

Share this post


Link to post

It is a great photograph, as Hatter say's good lines and composition...and this taken today? cloudy here but mild down here in Southern Softyland :)

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Jeff ... good to see you back ... That is a very atmospheric image ...  looks flippin' cold and quite remote ... i  hope  you had a hip flask handy  to warm you up ...   or maybe not if you had to drive there eh ...  😉

Share this post


Link to post

I'm glad we missed that down here in the lowlands.  Looks decidedly chilly.  Nice atmospheric shot.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Hatter said:

Good to see you posting again, Jeff.
That's a nicely composed image with lots of strong leading lines.  I like the how the contrast on the trees lowers as the view recedes into the distance due to the snow in the air.

 

2 hours ago, Hatter said:

Good to see you posting again, Jeff.
That's a nicely composed image with lots of strong leading lines.  I like the how the contrast on the trees lowers as the view recedes into the distance due to the snow in the air.

Thanks.

 Blue sky and fluffy clouds not needed

Jeff

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Denis said:

It is a great photograph, as Hatter say's good lines and composition...and this taken today? cloudy here but mild down here in Southern Softyland :)

Taken some weeks ago on edge of West Pennine Moors at about 800ft elevation. It was raining in the valley so I walked up to the snow - could not resist even though not dressed for snow.

Jeff

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Clicker said:

Hi Jeff ... good to see you back ... That is a very atmospheric image ...  looks flippin' cold and quite remote ... i  hope  you had a hip flask handy  to warm you up ...   or maybe not if you had to drive there eh ...  😉

 

2 hours ago, Clicker said:

Hi Jeff ... good to see you back ... That is a very atmospheric image ...  looks flippin' cold and quite remote ... i  hope  you had a hip flask handy  to warm you up ...   or maybe not if you had to drive there eh ...  😉

I saw snow on the Moors and felt an urge to take snow pictures in a location I know. I was not dressed for snow  with ordinary shoes and no gloves. Soon had wet feet and get very very cold hands. Retreated into Brinscall Plantation for some snowy woodland shots. Will post them later

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Terrific image: good lead lines; interesting main object, and the feint tree in the BG adding depth.

Share this post


Link to post

An interesting use of a square crop, which works well. I remember something similar happening in the hills around where I live in Accrington.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...