Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A Request from Admin - IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!

Korky

Hello Everyone

As you're aware, TIPF has seen some changes over the last few months and although we got off to a great beginning once Phil agreed to hand over the forum, we're now back in the same old rut that has plagued TIPF for donkey's yonks. So...

We're about to ask you to get a little more involved by not only posting your images for comment, but by making sure you also take the time to respond to other members by leaving comments on their images. Also, it'd be good if you could enter the weekly challenge each week and then vote for an image you wish to be given the accolade of Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner. This week we have four entries and thats pretty dire by any standard. If you wish to enter the Weekly Comp, always remember it's quite OK to pick an image from your archives - after all it's meant to be fun rather than seriously competitive.  

Now we know all this doesn't apply to every TIPF member, but if it applies to you, there's no need to lash yourself with stinging nettles and walk barefoot to John o' Groats, just do this............ Whenever you drop into the forum, just leave two or three comments and maybe make someone's day. But bear in mind that it isn't necessary to praise every image, it's quite acceptable to leave criticism - just do it politely and all will be well.

We've never been a forum to have rules and regulations (apart from the unwritten ones regarding politics and religion), so please don't see this as an order from above. It isn't, it's merely a request to give TIPF a little more of your time in an effort to make it better,

If you have any comment, please post in this thread - maybe you'd like to make a suggestion and if you do it'll be considered and discussed. 

Cheers!

Ryewolf, Clicker, Black Pearl and Korky 

• Like 2

Thank you Korks......

One thing I would like to see, vanish.....is the notification .......

Someone has reacted to your image....    ..or words to that effect.....in reality it means that someone has looked at it, then scarpered.

Other than that....overall the forum is doing reasonably ok...... but, as you point out.....feedback and comment are the food of forums.....

FUJI

I would ditto Fuji's comment particularly in respect of email notifications.   On some forums, you can switch these off in your account setting which I would welcome given that I visit TIPF very regularly.

Can I add one of my own and I would not want anyone to be offended or take this personally because this is made as a general point. 

I post about two images a week, usually on Saturday and mid week.  I very often find that the images disappear off the map almost immediately because one and sometimes more members have added  multiple images of essentially the same subject matter,  as several individual  posts.  Posting lots of images is laudable and is what the forum needs but if they can be lumped together say in just one or two posts , it would be helpful.  Either that or if it's possible, increase the length of the recent posts listing.  

Edited by johntwo

I do what I can in respect of commenting, I don't always get the time, and have to contend myself with browsing on my phone throwing in the odd remark now and again. I'm guilty with the multiple listing thing though :) 

I take your point about lumping pics together John  .. which I  rarely do  and one of the reasons was  because the banner headline gallery and latest posts seems to usually only show one of the  pics in a multiple posting and in the past I have used  that to review  for images  when choosing  POTW. I have missed  the other  pics if it was part of a multiple  posting. Since then (  just this year )I have also  discovered that  Rye's images never appear in the Banner   headline  gallery  because of how he uploads his images from his server  I believe ... so I now  check his profile and his activity to ensure I take his images into account too.

Rye ...are  we able to  increase  the  number shown in recent postings ? 

48 minutes ago, Clicker said:

......................................................................................... because the banner headline gallery and latest posts seems to usually only show one of the  pics................................................................................

Rye ...are  we able to  increase  the  number shown in recent postings ? 

....................and it's usually the last one you upload which can be a problem if say the first one sets the scene (or whatever).   A longer listing would be an improvement and less restricting on members.

2 hours ago, Clicker said:

I have also  discovered that  Rye's images never appear in the Banner   headline  gallery  because of how he uploads his images from his server  I believe ... so I now  check his profile and his activity to ensure I take his images into account too.

I think that applies to any image that's hosted elsewhere rather than uploaded directly to the site (i.e. Flickr.) so its not just Rye's posts you need to look out for.
See the "Teasels" post I've just put in the Monochrome section (mainly as a test of this!)

I do likewise, Gareth with the unread posts    I  don't think there are that many  pics posted via Flickr so much now  but I  take your point ...  it can make   reviewing the weeks pics for POTW  a bit harder  though. 

4 hours ago, Hatter said:

Depends how you use the site, I suppose.  I always display the unread posts so that doesn't bother me.

I understand what you're saying Gareth but that only works if no one has commented.  One comment and multiple posts and your post disappears.   However, as I say, a longer post list would improve matters without being restrictive.  Is that possible?

1 minute ago, johntwo said:

However, as I say, a longer post list would improve matters without being restrictive.  Is that possible?

There is a longer list on the main home page: Recent Posts »

So yes it is possible. I'm trying to work out if the Unread Content can be edited by none admins or mods, I know I can

Dee ... we know your circumstances and family always come first so please do not feel it necessary to explain ....   we are here when  the time is right  for you ... you and David  have much more  important priorities ... we send our love to you in bucketloads x

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...