Clicker

Verticals and horizontals ...

I like that - Well seen!

• Like 1

Me too, great shot and composition.

• Thanks 1

Thanks you  two ... It's  picture of nothing really isn't it ...each thing on it's own is insignificant ... but together, for me,  there is a pattern ..   I am a big believer   that there is rarely a place  that has nothing worth  photographing if we look hard enough  from the right angle ...

Nice one Clicker and the title suits the image perfectly.

• Like 1

Tried a mono conversion that made the post box less prominent .... Somehow I think the dynamics change considerably  and it's an entirely different image,  for me that is ....

DSCF9954 ed1s bw.jpg

My first reaction was that the image is far too busy, but after studying it for a while I've grown to like it.

Yes, it's quirky and yes, it's busy, but it tells a little story and I particularly like the couple walking out of the picture on the RHS.

I much prefer the colour version, btw - much more suited to the seaside.

Korky

• Thanks 1

It also looks as if a tsunami is rolling in and everyone is ignoring it. Colour works better for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Monomania said:

It also looks as if a tsunami is rolling in and everyone is ignoring it. Colour works better for me.

Yeah … now you’ve drawn my attention  to it ... it does doesn’t it ?  🌊

i like the colour version , i find it busy but well balanced. also the crossing leads  your eye in than makes me want to turn right to follow the people. the mono conversion doesn't work for me as i think it looses its pop. but still its a well spotted image.

• Like 1

It is interesting to dissect an image sometimes to see what it really is that   works or doesn't work,  as sometime an image works despite breaking   usual rules..  Interesting that  it grew on you too Korks ...I do love it when that  happens..

I must admit I prefer the colour version too.

• Thanks 1