Clicker

Ahem...The only way is ..down

1898 metres up in the Kitzbühel Alps in the Austrian Tyrol, is probably not the best time to find you are suffering from vertigo .....:whistle:

DSCF9318 ed1sc.jpg

• Like 1

I must admit I never got the idea of skiing.

I’d forgottten just how  step and how fast the pistes can be ...... trying to stay on my feet and making sure I didn’t fall, with camera  around my neck and lenses in my back- pack was a major feat!

I've never quite understood skiing. Going out in the freezing cold, falling over a lot and risking life and limb 😀

• Haha 1

The irony is that TODAY  I have just spent  five and a  half hours in  A and E  after  my  knee just  gave way, (after sailing through my annual MOT) as I was walking back to the  car from the Dr's surgery. this morning .... Ouch ... the pain was like I'd been shot !

It looks like the medial ligament  has been damaged  so I am on crutches...bah ,grrr and other suitable  expletives! ..  I  was fine on the  slopes in the Tyrol  !   

Looks like 6-12 weeks recovery ...   .arghhhh I cannot believe how much pain a tear in a medial knee ligament causes.  I am completely immobilised and as cross as hell . :growl:

Give me  a snowboard and the Austrian Alps any day !

Ouchh, sounds painful, the joys of getting older....

• Thanks 1

Ouch!  Sounds like a footballer's injury.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Polly.

• Thanks 1

Hope it heals well, Polly.

My daughter sufferers with torn ligaments so I know you will be in a lot of pain.

• Like 1