Clicker

Peaky Blinders filmed here ..

Love the processing, great feeling of age in this one, Polly. I like it a lot!

• Like 1

Thank you Brian ... I’ve edited a whole batch taken at the outdoor living museum....it made sense to  use  a sympathetic process that could maybe enhance the feeling of  a bygone era : glad you liked this one . I love narrow boats anyway ...

1 hour ago, Clicker said:

...................................................................... . I love narrow boats anyway ...

...................you should try the Narrow Boat museum at Ellesmere Port.  It's a great place, especially with a camera in hand.  Another excellent image Polly.

• Thanks 1

Thank you John ... yes it’s very similar to Beamish ... same deal price wise too ... £15.00 buys a ticket you can use all year ... every day even if you wanted to !! 

Is this the Blists Hill one near Telford? Or is it a different one.

That street lighting column sticking up over the buildings needs a small dollop of you know what, but other than that a smashing image. Love the PP work.

That museum is a super place to visit. Innit?

Korky

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryewolf said:

Is this the Blists Hill one near Telford? Or is it a different one.

No .... this is the Black Country  living Museum in Dudley  Rye ... I’ve been a couple of times. But not for the last ten years and there are quite a few new buildings and a coal mine  to go down  too , ...well worth a visit as Korks. said .  Thanks Korks for noticing the lamp  post...  bloody eagle eyes ....lol 🤫

Ah right, I shall have to try and make a visit there. There's quite a few of these living museums around, Korky pointed me to Blists Hill when we were in Stratford in 2017.

• Like 1

A place I would like to get to as well!

Superb image Clicks :)

• Thanks 1

It's interesting that you've managed to get people in period dress into all these, Polly.  There weren't any around when we went.
Is this a benefit of going there during the week rather than at the weekend perhaps?

They are there most of the year round Gareth ...  mostly all are volunteers though some are employed to teach the school children about the social history ... we arrived at 10 am as it opened ...and were there till 5 pm  ... so not sure why you missed them ... 

• Like 1

We must have been unlucky with the choice of day then.
It was a Sunday and quite crowded.