Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Here for tea.....

Kobione

We do not have as many kangaroos as usual around us partly  because of major earthworks going on in our area, (constructing a water pipeline across miles and miles of country), and also because of our lack of rain, everything is so dry here, hardly any grass at all. However, this guy, one of what we call the 'Big Boys' comes in every evening, and this is the look I get:

"Hello lady, I'm here for tea."

DSCN6838a.thumb.jpg.ee023675a334bbfa9e91bdb57e21ac5e.jpg

This one must have grown up around here because he is very used to us, just stands and watches and never moves away in flight mode, so he just turns away and gets on with cleaning out every bit of bird seed on the tray.:

DSCN6840a.thumb.jpg.705128e45168b66233cd9063fc2ed82d.jpg

Thanks Rye & John.

Rye we buy a special bird seed mix which is perfect for our native birds. It has a moderate percentage of sweet corn and sunflower seeds in it, as well as smaller seeds and is enjoyed by all, including him!

John we do have to be careful, this is not our dominant male but he is quite big, and one swipe of a back foot could kill a dog.  I went out of the front door, still in day light last night and he was about 10 feet away from me and, as usual, he just stood and watched. I didn't let K&B out just then, so we 'delayed the outing' until he had slowly moved away to, guess where, the bird seed spot!

Thanks Korky & Tina. as explained we are not seeing them around as much as usual, and also, as usual, I can't set these photos up, simply have to grab what I can, when I can. Never perfect, I know, but it is fun to get them.

3 hours ago, Kobione said:

also, as usual, I can't set these photos up

Like a lot of wildlife photography, you just have to be there at the right moment, but they're still kangaroos, which we don't see in the UK....... except in zoos

Archived